Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I am having a problem properly drying my car. 2005 G35 Coupe (Black)

I am using the following drying towel

Cobra Guzzler HD Waffle Weave Drying Towel,Guzzler HD,Cobra Drying Towel,Microfiber towel,Microfiber Drying towel,car drying towel

It doesn`t seem to absorb water like it should. After I wash my car the water on my car beads like it should and I use the waffle weave towel to drive off the spots it basically just spreads it around the car and absorbs very little. It takes me a long time to properly dry the car.

Everyone else seems to say it works very well, what could I be doing wrong?

Thank you for your help

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the board first off.

Are you using just one towel or multiple ones? I have 5 bigger WW MF currently for drying, and plan to get around 10-15. Mine seem to work best initially and taper off a bit as far as absorbency goes but with good sheeting action and depending on ambient air temperature they work pretty good for me.

I blot dry the whole car with them though, barely any wiping (99% of the time only glass gets wiped). I keep the mf in quarters or fold it in half and hold onto it with one hand and go about, or I leave it totally unfolded and lay it down, pat it, then lift up and lay it down and pat, move on to the next, etc.

This sometimes leaves an imprint of the weave of the mf but I follow my drying with a plush mf and a decent spray or two of FK425.

I seem to recall there being a thick napped mf drying towel available somewhere, just can`t remember off the top of my head.
    Brad

1998 Civic Si - black - the gas pumps don`t hurt as bad!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 99blackSE
    I seem to recall there being a thick napped mf drying towel available somewhere, just can`t remember off the top of my head.

Check out the Rag Shack for plush mf drying towels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 99blackSE
    Welcome to the board first off.

Are you using just one towel or multiple ones? I have 5 bigger WW MF currently for drying, and plan to get around 10-15. Mine seem to work best initially and taper off a bit as far as absorbency goes but with good sheeting action and depending on ambient air temperature they work pretty good for me.

I blot dry the whole car with them though, barely any wiping (99% of the time only glass gets wiped). I keep the mf in quarters or fold it in half and hold onto it with one hand and go about, or I leave it totally unfolded and lay it down, pat it, then lift up and lay it down and pat, move on to the next, etc.

This sometimes leaves an imprint of the weave of the mf but I follow my drying with a plush mf and a decent spray or two of FK425.

Have you tried boiling your MF towels? Seems to jump start them again.

Once you get Black the Dirt attacks!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had a similar experience as nutsackninja. I recently switched from a synthetic chamois to MF drying towels. I have two different brands. A Big Blue III towel from and a Sonus Der Wunder towel. The Big Blue does a much better job absorbing water than the Sonus even though the weight and weave appear identical. Is it possible that MF drying towel brands perform THAT differently...?

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought 4 of the same towels I agree it just seems that it is pushing the water around I am just discusted with them

Post Thanks / Like
    Although they are not the most popular on this site, I have always prefered "Absorber" dryers rather than waffle-weave towels.

I have 5 Absorbers... a couple over 10 years old. The older they get, the better they work.
    Bill Luster

`00 Trans Am / `82 Vette

Click here for:Bill`s Pictures

Post Thanks / Like
    How are you using them? I can dry my Honda Odyssey with 2 of them and the

2nd one is not that wet.

The best way for me is to first let the first towel sit for a second or two and begin to lift the water. I then use it like a chamois by either folding it or leaving it at 25 x 36 in large areas. On the sides, I fold it to a square and go around in just a min. or so. The 2nd towel is then folded and picks up the remaining water. Polyester does repel on its own- pour some water on a towel sometime and watch it bead. It takes a few seconds for the towel to begin to lift so start by letting it sit on the hood--maybe even gently tap the top of it to get contact with the water. You should see the water turn the towel a darker shade. Then go to it. I hope this helps.

I hope it works out for the money you paid!!!

Rob Regan

Post Thanks / Like
    try washing your WW MF`s in some MF-specific detergent first. Don`t use fabric softener.

MICROPAK Micro Fiber Cleaner & Revitalizer

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried using a leaf blower or flood as a final rinse.

Post Thanks / Like
    You should not need a mf detergent cleaner if these are new towels. I have never used one ever and am using towels that are 5 yrs. old.

Try the method I suggested and if it does not work, send me the towel and I`ll trade with you.

Rob Regan

Post Thanks / Like
    leaf blow+absorber then Guzzler for me.

The leave blower handles wheels, gas cap lid, seams, grills etc...

absorber for light blotting, windows, bumpers

THEN guzzler or other WW

Post Thanks / Like
    IME, Waffle Weaves work great at first, but then once they`ve become damp they don`t wring dry anymore. Multiple towels, or dotting with an absorber, or using a safe squeegee seem to be the best ways to work around this, or just getting yourself very frustrated.

Showroom Auto Detailing Bullitt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am currently using the Absorber. I move around the car blotting with the Absorber immediately followed by drying with a Cobra mf.
    The Stable:
    08 Ford Explorer Sport Trac: Company Vehicle
    05 Corvette
    01 Mustang Bullitt
    98 Explorer: Loaner Vehicle
    05 Honda Civic: Loaner Vehicle/Daily Driver

http://www.showroommobiledetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I was wrong about the Absorber not being popular on this site! :grinno::grinno::grinno:
    Bill Luster

`00 Trans Am / `82 Vette

Click here for:Bill`s Pictures

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information