Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Black 2008 M35X that I plan on wet sanding a touched up scratch "paint bump" out of. I have the 2000, 2500 and 3000 sand paper. Once I am done with that what polishes would be good to remove the sanding marks with? I know I have seen alot of people say you need to "test" different polishes. I do not own any heavy medium or mild cuttong polishes yet. Just some light swirl remover(for removing wash induced micro marring). So I am open to suggestions and am willing to buy a few extra polishes just to be sure I can finish what I start. Also please suggest pads I should have on hand as well as which pads go with which polish.

I own a PC and Orange, black and white pads.

When using polish how many pounds of pressure should be applioed to get the results w/o going too deep?

I have never done this before in case you cant tell from my questions, but If I screw up roaylly, I will just have the door professionally re-painted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello..is This Thing On????????????

Post Thanks / Like
    It is very difficult to remove all wet sanding marks with a PC. I just wet sanded a scratch on my 2008 Saturn Sky. I was not able to remove ALL of the wet sanding marks with my PC. I used PB light swirl/scratch remover on an LC Orange pad, and then followed up with 3M Polish for Dark colored vehicles on a Black Right Look Pad. When I was done, all of the sanding marks, swirls and halograms were gone. I finished with a coat of KOI and topped with Pinnacle Souveran Paste.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like
    3.5" Pfw + M105....ftw

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJimZ28
    3.5" Pfw + M105....ftw

Thanks, i guess I will need to pick up a small back plate, are they all the same or is one better than another?

Post Thanks / Like
    3.5" PFW pads as mentioned, M105 followed by M 105 with a 4" pad try white or green then step down to 205 with 4" white, green or black pad.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is very difficult to remove all wet sanding marks with a PC

I used PB light swirl/scratch remover on an LC Orange pad

Maybe that was why you couldnt remove all the marks. I havent done any wetsanding but I see people mentioning to use unigrit paper since the abrasives are uniform and wont leave deeper marks.

Im sure someone else whose more knowledgeable will chime in on this

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, use Unigrit/Nikken paper (or Mirka). Take out the sanding scratches with a 3.5" PFW or *maybe* a 4" yellow or orange foam (depending on how hard/soft the paint is) with something like M105, and then follow-up with a milder pad/product combo.

Take it very, very easy with the wetsanding. Remember that the milder papers and the PCing will take off *more* paint, so don`t keep going until the flaws are all gone with the aggressive/first step(s).

Showroom Auto Detailing Bullitt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    M105 is definitely with 3.5`s are the best way to go with what you have to work with. When you finish with the M105 it may look LSP ready, but I would take these guys advice and finish down with M205 or M80. I use the M205 but sometimes I run out and you can find the M80 at Tasco Auto Color in stock. Look up where there`s one in your area, they have them all over the country I believe, and can order any Megs or 3M product if they don`t have it on the shelves. They also carry backing plates and pads.
    The Stable:
    08 Ford Explorer Sport Trac: Company Vehicle
    05 Corvette
    01 Mustang Bullitt
    98 Explorer: Loaner Vehicle
    05 Honda Civic: Loaner Vehicle/Daily Driver

http://www.showroommobiledetailing.com

Thread Information