Post Thanks / Like
    I want to use Mother`s waxes but don`t know what would be a winning combo for detailing. Can you please help me pick which mothers products to use in order.

I want the best possible look for my car!

P.S. My car is a silver 02 Acura MDX which has a lot of scratches!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mother`s Reflections wax is a fine sealant, and is being offered at bargain savings at Amazon.com. I have never seen it on a silver car, but on black and other dark colors it looks great and is easy to use. You can also top Reflections wax with Reflections Topcoat. Others like Mother`s SynWax.

You might want to visit the Mother`s forum and post your queries.

One possible scenario:

Mother`s car wash

Mother`s clay bar system

Mother`s Pre-Wax Cleaner

Reflections Wax or SynWax

Post Thanks / Like
    mothers is a good OTC (over the counter) brand in my opinion..ive tried a lot from their california gold line, and their FX line as well..

Their claybar is good, its the only one ive tried, and i dont see a reason to try another, its just that good in my opinion.. Then i would follow up with the first 2 steps of the 3 phase ( pre-cleaner, followed by sealer and glaze) or atleast the precleaner.. I wouldnt use the 3rd step, pure carnuba because its winter, and its not the most durable wax out there. the most durable wax ive used from mothers is the FX syn wax..you can also top that was off with the FX spray wax after every wash to make it last a little longer .. ive only ever used these products by hand, and they`ve given me some pretty good results, i do everything by hand. ive never tried their scratch remover, but ive been satisfied with most mothers products ive tried (accept back to black) so i cant imagine its that terrible.

hope this helps :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry for neglecting to put everything in order

wash/dry

Clay bar

scratch remover (optional... never tried the product myself)

California gold pre-cleaner.(step 1)

california gold glaze (step 2) << not nessesary, but could help fill in scratches.

FX synwax

fx spray wax to maintain wax.

Note that scratch removers are generally fairly abrasive, so they are for spot treatment, i wouldnt do the whole car in it... you work a scratch remover until it basically disapears.

id personally since its winter and durability would be my number one concern.. wash and dry. precleaner. then FX syn wax then fx spray every time u wash (after). you should be good till it warms up a bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Would reflection wax line be better than the FX wax?

Post Thanks / Like
    ive never tried the reflections line... one more thing i forgot to include.. make sure you use paint safe foam pads, or microfiber pads to apply each product (dont mix products, use a fresh pad for each product)... and a clean microfiber towel to remove it all.

you could always go through the reviews on this site and figure out which youd rather use after reading all those opinions. there should be a lot of useful information there for you.. good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    You find my this thread helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    After doing these steps:

wash/dry

Clay bar

scratch remover (optional... never tried the product myself)

California gold pre-cleaner.(step 1)

california gold glaze (step 2) << not nessesary, but could help fill in scratches.

FX synwax

Could I use Reflections Advanced Top Coat on top of the FX synwax or will it be a waste of money?

Also which product listed above should I use to do layers?

Post Thanks / Like
    You can use Mothers Top Coat on FX Synwax It will increase the longevity. Layering is only needed if you are concerned about even coverage.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    im not entirley sure... but i think topcoat has no cleaning ability what so-ever. so i imagine it would help with durability a bit. idk about topcoats durability.

Thread Information