Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Post Thanks / Like
    How does this guy(LEO) sleep at night?

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly...I`m not even sure he is around anymore...I kind of wonder if some other person or organization has taken things over and operates under his moniker. The whole thing is just weird.

Post Thanks / Like
    spend your $`s elsewhere at other online vendors who deserve it (exceldetail, AG, etc)...

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    He used to mention car shows often. I think he had a Lincoln. Maybe someone might see him around one?
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeh, after 2 months I finally disputed the charge and ordered some zaino

blonde towels and love them.

I cant seem to find that zaino towel thread,can anyone help me? I just wanted

to see what you guys thought about these towels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a follow-up to my previous post. I did get my order back in January. I placed the order the night before Halloween 2008 and received the order in the last week of January 2009. Easily my worst online shopping experience, I`ve had a few scares, but nearly 3 months to receive a few towels is beyond reason. I sent a total of 5 emails to the different addresses I found on his sites and on my paypal invoice. Only two of those emails were ever responded to, and the last one I sent was meant to convey my frustration (no more Mr. Nice guy). Being in Canada, I`m used to waiting for orders and paying more from America, but I`m a regular customer at Autogeek, and I`ve always received my stuff within 2 weeks. Quite frankly, I wasn`t even that impressed by the towels, I`ve had to cut a lot of loose threads, they don`t feel as soft as they once were, and they`re just not in the same league as the superior Zaino blondes. My main reason for buying from DF is my desire to buy U.S. made products. I really hope more companies will try and keep manufacturing in North America. My final email from Leo was apologetic, but it didn`t feel very sincere (he didn`t offer anything for my trouble. Even one free towel would have made me feel better). I think everyone should get a second chance, but I`ve found better towels, and this overall experience has really turned me off ever re-ordering. Based on my experience, I would not recommend DF towel. This thread is evidence of a history of poor customer service, that has not been remedied. There are simply better products from better companies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone filed anything with the BBB? i tried searching their website but couldnt find any complaints or anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by camaroDan
    Yeh, after 2 months I finally disputed the charge and ordered some zaino

blonde towels and love them.

I cant seem to find that zaino towel thread,can anyone help me? I just wanted

to see what you guys thought about these towels.

The Zaino towels are awesome!! They are definitely a premium product and kind of like a luxury detailing towel. You will like them as long as you use thin coats of product as they are not a large towel. Then again they do come in a 3 pack. You would have to fight me for mine! :bat

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeegr
    He used to mention car shows often. I think he had a Lincoln. Maybe someone might see him around one?
    He has a 1997 Lincoln that according to his website is for sale. He also has a white 1986 El Camino that he shows. If someone does a search they`ll find some of the shows he used to go to. I think there was a mid-July show he helped sponsor for a year or two in Hicksville, NY, but I haven`t seen him post about it this year.

Although it`s no excuse for not shipping orders or responding to e-mails, I have to think that Leo and/or his business has run into some serious problems. While I couldn`t recommend him as a vendor at this time, in the past he has posted a lot of useful info on towels and debunked a myth or two about MF`s along the way. I hope he gets things sorted out and gets back on track. His family has been in the textile business for years and I hate to see another U.S. made product disappear.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw on his website that he is a member of SEMA. I wonder what they would care at all about being associated with such a person?

Post Thanks / Like
    Some one call and leave a messasge about buying the car and when he returns the call (and he will) switch topics and ask why he doesn`t ship products that people pay for.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has anyone ordered from DFTowel.com??

I came across an old bookmark to this thread (which doesn`t work now, I think the merger screwed up all those old bookmarks), but just reread this whole debacle. I notice that perhaps because of the merger, Leo`s sole post in this thread (#15) shows up as from medic159, but his DFTowel user name also exists.

His website is still up but it doesn`t look like you can order anything ("add to cart" doesn`t work). I still get Long Island car show junk email from him, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Setec Astronomy- Heh heh..."reread this whole debacle", huh? Must be a slow day for ya

Leo had a lot of knowledge, but there were some things he was utterly close-minded about as in "believe me rather than your own experience". Not the best way to maintain credibility even if he *had* delivered what people paid for (never any problems ordering from him myself).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ALAN81 View Post
    How does this guy(LEO) sleep at night?
    Comfortably on a bed of all you people`s towels.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a lot of people may of got burnt looks like this one is long gone.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread Information