Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Middletown, Orange County, New York, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    I certainly did not expect this thread to turn out the way it has, it was more inquisitive to if anyone else had been experiencing the same issues. Which, obviously is the case. I thank BigJim again for pointing out DFTowel here on Autopia, because if I had not PMed him, I doubt that the issue would have been resolved, at least as quick as it was.

Post Thanks / Like
    Setec Astronomy- Guess it`s easy for me to be all sanctimonious when it`s not my ox being gored, huh? Still, I *was* kinda taken back by the tenor of this thread.

I`d just been in contact with Leo over [a completely different, unrelated matter] and, well...it just seemed like a whole different range of experience from what I woulda expected :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Setec Astronomy- Guess it`s easy for me to be all sanctimonious when it`s not my ox being gored, huh? Still, I *was* kinda taken back by the tenor of this thread.

I was steamed at the time but I kept it to myself (and a couple PM`s). I wasn`t in a hurry for the shipment, I was just concerned the order or the package got lost. If it wasnt a lie, the lack of "intellectual curiosity" on the part of the vendor as to why a USPS Priority Mail package should take 7 days to go 50 miles caused the problem to apparently go unsolved for more than a year after my problem (or this thread never would have been started). The package actually took 2 days to arrive, just as it should have, just that it was shipped a week later than I was repeatedly told, and I was told that after I pointed out that the supplied tracking info contradicted what I was being told. Again, if the story is true, and this was the fault of a third party, then there should have been a :think2 that maybe something was amiss when customers aren`t getting their orders even though the third party says they were shipped a week ago, and there REALLY should have been a :think2 when you ask the 3rd party for a tracking number to supply to the customer and it`s a week off from what the 3rd party told you. Either way it`s bad business.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    I was steamed at the time but I kept it to myself (and a couple PM`s). I wasn`t in a hurry for the shipment, I was just concerned the order or the package got lost. If it wasnt a lie, the lack of "intellectual curiosity" on the part of the vendor as to why a USPS Priority Mail package should take 7 days to go 50 miles caused the problem to apparently go unsolved for more than a year after my problem (or this thread never would have been started). The package actually took 2 days to arrive, just as it should have, just that it was shipped a week later than I was repeatedly told, and I was told that after I pointed out that the supplied tracking info contradicted what I was being told. Again, if the story is true, and this was the fault of a third party, then there should have been a :think2 that maybe something was amiss when customers aren`t getting their orders even though the third party says they were shipped a week ago, and there REALLY should have been a :think2 when you ask the 3rd party for a tracking number to supply to the customer and it`s a week off from what the 3rd party told you. Either way it`s bad business.

i don`t like getting the run around either from any company i order from. tell me the truth, resolve the issue immediately, and make sure this doesn`t happen again or lose a customer for life...

Middletown, Orange County, New York, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    On an up note, when my stuff did arrive, they are amazing towels. I should have just ordered the bigger ones to start with. Unfortunately, I now have amazing small towels, and got layed off from work, so cant justify spending the money on the larger ones, now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xDevious
    On an up note, when my stuff did arrive, they are amazing towels..

If you think of it, could you post back after a while and tell us how they work out long-term?

I have some weird, on-going water issue (at least that`s what I think it is...) that eventually makes all my cotton/natural-fiber towels get a bit stiff and I`m curious about how other people`s DFTs behave in this regard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    If you think of it, could you post back after a while and tell us how they work out long-term?

I have some weird, on-going water issue (at least that`s what I think it is...) that eventually makes all my cotton/natural-fiber towels get a bit stiff and I`m curious about how other people`s DFTs behave in this regard.

DF towels get stiff too. It`ll depend on the water and how good your washer is, but I get about five washes before mine begin to stiffen up, and I demote them. I haven`t tried boiling them yet. Maybe that`s the ticket.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    That`s why I don`t really like cotton. It`s so soft initally and then turns into strands of cardboard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    That`s why I don`t really like cotton. It`s so soft initally and then turns into strands of cardboard.

Quote Originally Posted by 06c350sport
    ...[my]..DF towels get stiff too. . I haven`t tried boiling them yet. Maybe that`s the ticket.

Yeah, after my last talk with Leo I decided I oughta get a big (dedicated) pot and try the boiling. Sheesh...what a hassle...haven`t gotten around to it yet.

I`ve been having decent results (with my *other* cotton towels, not my CBT/DFTs) by using a tiny bit of Ultra Downy fabric softener. I know, I know....I`ve heard all the sensible, compelling arguments against it and I`ll admit they make perfect sense (in theory, but not in practice..so there`s something amiss with the theory IMO ) but I`m sticking with what works for me.

Our cotton bath towels will simply rub your skin raw without the Downy, but are nice and soft with it. Still absorb just fine and don`t leave anything smeary when used to dry optics/etc. They even have that "loose and floppy" feel instead of being stiff (they flop-fold as opposed to bend if you get my meaning). I suspect the Downy has some sort of better-rinsing effect as well as "simply coating the fibers with crap" but I don`t really know what`s going on (only that it works).

EricDawg
    Post Thanks / Like
    Placed my order 1/24/09 and paid for priority shipping.

Nothing. No responses to 4 emails. No returned phone calls. Credit card has already been billed, but I`m getting a little miffed.

Seriously... customer service means something to a lot of us. It`s not hard to give a shipment update. In fact... it can be automated by a high schooler.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another Happy customer of DFTowel. just proves my point. Leo said that all the kinks were ironed out

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, you know the three biggest lies, right?

1. I gave at the office

2. The check is in the mail

3. Your towels have already shipped!

Post Thanks / Like
    I really want to try these towels but no way am I going through this type of ordeal. If anything, I`ll order them from pakshak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico
    I really want to try these towels but no way am I going through this type of ordeal. If anything, I`ll order them from pakshak.

But I guess the laugh`s really on us, because looking at PakShak`s pricing, it doesn`t appear that DF discounts to their distributors, so he makes the same money either way, and we pay extra to get "normal" service.

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed that...the end user gets it coming and going.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information