Post Thanks / Like
    Just curious if those guys in colder climates take their detailing products inside when the weather dips below freezing? We`re supposed to get some seriously cold weather over the next few weeks and I don`t know if I should leave my liquids in the garage or not. Any thoughts? I know most would say just take it in, what will it hurt, but I have ALLOT of stuff that I`d have to box up and take in and doing that one handed is not going to be a fun experience (I`m still recovering from wrist surgery).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2003 Ford SVT Cobra # 4635
    585 RWHP on pump fuel! Brought to you by Matt Hill Motorsports!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolWhip
    Just curious if those guys in colder climates take their detailing products inside when the weather dips below freezing? We`re supposed to get some seriously cold weather over the next few weeks and I don`t know if I should leave my liquids in the garage or not. Any thoughts? I know most would say just take it in, what will it hurt, but I have ALLOT of stuff that I`d have to box up and take in and doing that one handed is not going to be a fun experience (I`m still recovering from wrist surgery).

For sure! Mine actually come into the house once winter starts coming. Some products won`t be bothered by freeze and some will. Just take them all inside.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bring my stuff inside for the winter because it`s cheaper than trying to keep heat out in the garage/storage. I bought a few cheap storage closet`s at Shopko to keep my stuff in so it blends in with the furniture and so my wife doesn`t freak out lol.

All of my microfibers, polishers, etc stay outside.
    Quality Doesn`t Cost, It Pay`s

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RDAVEX7
    I bring my stuff inside for the winter because it`s cheaper than trying to keep heat out in the garage/storage. I bought a few cheap storage closet`s at Shopko to keep my stuff in so it blends in with the furniture and so my wife doesn`t freak out lol.

All of my microfibers, polishers, etc stay outside.

My polishers are outside too. But something I always wondered, and just never bothered to look into. Will the oil and grease that are lubing the polisher parts freeze? Like when I oil and grease my over head garage door I have to make sure to use non-freezing products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good question! I have no idea but I haven`t had any problems with that. I have tubes of pump oil out there that have not frozen on me and my grease gun is fine. Maybe because they are not exposed to the freezing air like the freezing fog we have today.
    Quality Doesn`t Cost, It Pay`s

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I better get out there and start bringing it all in. Thanx for the info.

As for the polisher, all of my tools have been in my garage since the day I moved into my house. I have grinders, drills, air tools, sanders, saws, etc... and none of them have ever been effected by the cold. I use white lithium to lube my garage door tracks and that seems to work well. It doesn`t sling when the door goes up and down and it doesn`t seem to be effected by the cold. I used to use Mobil 1 bearing grease but it makes a mess when you bump into it or touch it inadvertently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to keep detailing stuff indoors all year round. In a trunk they can see extreme heat and cold. The cold scares me more than anything. Something about seeing a bottle that product has seperated (polish on bottom, water on top). I never know if the bottle is any good so I would just toss it and buy another. I bring stuff inside and force myself not to be lazy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely bring the stuff in. My polishers are outside also. But so is my power washer, compressors and etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I just got it all in. I won`t be using it much until the weather improves anyway, so I`ll just leave it in my basement until then. My Cobra doesn`t see much drive time this time a year and now that the snow is about to begin, It`ll most likely be sitting in the garage until March/April. My wife`s Acura does need a good detail, but I waited too long and now that my wrist is pretty much beat and the weather sucks, it`ll probably have to wait until spring.

I don`t think I`ve ever even hand washed my D/D Jeep Cherokee:lol

She likes to be dirty, makes her feel tough and definitely gives her more character :lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information