Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    (if i knew how to do a poll i would)

how many people here think that the perfect wax and the best prep job should bead water?

Like this

this is a photo of a test using Zaino Z2

answer with a yes or no

Post Thanks / Like
    You know, as cool as beading looks (I love my KSG), I wish it didn`t happen. It often rains while I`m at work. By the time I walk out to my car I have a bazillion water spots all over my car. Is there a wax that promotes water just sheeting off the car?
    2007 Mazda3i - Black Mica

2009 Honda Civic EX-L coupe - Tafetta White

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pharmboyrx
    You know, as cool as beading looks (I love my KSG), I wish it didn`t happen. It often rains while I`m at work. By the time I walk out to my car I have a bazillion water spots all over my car. Is there a wax that promotes water just sheeting off the car?

I too hate having the water spots all over after the rain. Sheeting sounds good.
    Working on becoming an Autopian Driveway Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, Zaino beads are crazy...ditto for Collinite usually...makes for some crazy spotting.

Post Thanks / Like
    In some ways, I can appreciate the "goosebump" look that tight and consistent beading gives, but my ultimate top layer protectant would be an invisible shield where all water sheets off, leaving the car without any water sticking to it. I`m a Zaino user, so I put up with the beading because of the durability.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think a lot has to do with how the water gets on the surface. In light rain you typically get drops like in the picture, but if you give it a good rinse from the side, it will probably sheet off. This is just my experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zymol Concourse sheets great. It beads well with light rain but when one drop meets with another drop, they all just start falling off the car. I have clients that ask for it because when it rains it still looks pretty clean after.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always had a ton of beading on the Zaino to the point of where it left horrible water spots after every brief rain shower. However, I just put a layer of carnuba over the Zaino, just had a storm system roll through over the weekend, and the Jeep has no water spots whatsoever. I didn`t get to see how the beading looked though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like beading more than I dislike the resulting waterspots. I can understand why some people prefer sheeting, but that`s not me.

Post Thanks / Like
    To me, beading is just a residual benefit. It should not (to me) be a parameter for judging the prepwork and lsp`s result. The result should be weighed against how well the color and reflections get translated. Most products can bead, but IMO the question should be is "how well the color and paint depth will show with the media of choice?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Im a carnuba guy, and have been using dodo lately. That beading is pretty insane, but if i go for a drive all the water just sheets off.

plus i wash and wax before it rains that way it doesnt leave any waterspots.
    2002.5 mazda Protege5:heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got some Dodo Juice Purple Haze and Lime pre-wax cleaner, I can`t wait to try it out. I just had surgery on my right wrist two weeks ago and I can`t do anything with it yet. It`s driving me nuts!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2003 Ford SVT Cobra # 4635
    585 RWHP on pump fuel! Brought to you by Matt Hill Motorsports!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t mind beading, but I would like to learn if there is a true sheeting LSP out there.

cheers,

GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    the only thing that i have seen and works and i love and is the only i have seen work is Polymer by Production Car Care all though i have not used it for a long time i have seen it work and WOW

it is a paint sealent i dont like paint sealents they do not let the paint breath so i live with the beading now until i find something good

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 569DEAN
    the only thing that i have seen and works and i love and is the only i have seen work is Polymer by Production Car Care all though i have not used it for a long time i have seen it work and WOW

it is a paint sealent i dont like paint sealents they do not let the paint breath so i live with the beading now until i find something good

Why does cured paint need to breath, especially clear coated paint?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information