Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All,

Looking to spend about $250 on a DA, pads, and polishes for swirl + scratch removal. I was looking at these two packages

Car Polishers: Sonus SFX Ultimate Detailing Machine

Ultima Clean, Protect & Preserve Paint with Dual Action Polisher Kit

and was wondering which is better? I am new at machine polishing so that should help.

Or if you could help me find a better package, I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks in advance.

HOOKED ON THE DETAILS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pass on the PC and go for a FLEX,a much better machine. Look in the classified for a used machine that may come with pads etc. Good luck on your search.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the Flex is out of your price range I`d at least consider the Meg`s G110 since it has more power than the standard PC. Right now from ADS you can get the basic Package #1 DA Polisher (G110) for ~ $135 and use the extra money to buy some more pads, backing plate/s, and/or polishes and wind up with a lot more for less $$$:

Meguiars G110 Polisher

If you`re concerned about what else you need go to Exceldetail and pick up some 5.5" pads for the 5" BP (backing plate) and also a 3.5" BP and some 4" pads. If you need more advice just ask.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll second the G110 from ADS. I got package number 2 with some M205 and it takes care most of the swirls without any problem. This is from a complete newbie. I would invest in a couple of smaller pads and a smaller backing plate too, 7" is unwieldy in some spots.

Post Thanks / Like
    Would package 4 on the G110 be a good deal as in something that would include everything you are recomending?

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to excel detail and compiled a shopping list; would you tell me if all of these would fit on the G110 and if I am missing any backing plates or anything?

Excel Erasure 5.5`` Orange Light Cutting pad 1

$ 7.49

$ 7.49

4`` Erasure Sample pack 1

$ 17.05

$ 17.05

Danase Pad Conditioner 16oz. 1

$ 11.95

$ 11.95

Danase Foam Pad Cleaner 16oz. 1

$ 11.95

$ 11.95

Excel Erasure 5.5`` Yellow cutting Pad 1

$ 7.49

$ 7.49

Excel Erasure 5.5`` White Polishing pad 1

$ 7.49

$ 7.49

Excel Erasure 5.5`` Red Finishing pad 1

$ 7.49

$ 7.49

3.5`` Hook & Loop Flexiplate 1

$ 11.99

$ 11.99

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chromecarz00
    I went to excel detail and compiled a shopping list; would you tell me if all of these would fit on the G110 and if I am missing any backing plates or anything?....................
    I was getting ready to make a list and this is what I had:

The #1 or #2 Meg`s kit from ADS

When you place your order with ADS I`d order a 12 ounce sampler of the new 205 (M-20512) and 105 (M-10512) compound/polishes.

At least one orange 5.5" light cut pad

At least 2 White 5.5" polishing pads

One 5.5" red finishing pad

One 3.5" BP for using 4" pads

The 4`` Erasure Sample pack seems priced right and a decent place to start.

I haven`t tried the Danase pad cleaner or conditioner but everything else I`ve tried from him has been good. That will give you a `custom kit` with more useful pads/products and still get you in for under $250.

Good luck!
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good chromecarz00. I went with the G110 package #2 along with some other supplies (I got an apron for going over $200, already saved my cloths lol). The M205 was just released and if you`re going to polish more than 2-3s, just get the 32 oz bottle. It`s great stuff. The 105 is not the newer version. Some people are able to use this 105 with DAs, but it`s not "approved". You can go to meguiarsonline for more info. The new 105 version should be release early next year and will be suitable for those of us with DAs. I would probably get a sampler of the current 105 though, I hear it takes care of scratches easily with a some elbow grease.

For the smaller pads, I went with detailersdomain because they had a 4" pad kit that was buy one bet one free. I also go the backing plate there. The items you mentioned at exceldetail would work great as well.

I`ve dealt with Rick at ADS, Phil at DD, and Patrick at Excel. All of them are great to work with and very helpful if you have questions.

Thread Information