Post Thanks / Like
    I just recently purchased a 2008 Arctic White Mercedes C300. I just did a full mothers three step process a month ago. We just received snow and my car is not looking good. I really don`t want to scratch the clear coat. I am looking for the proper way to clean the car during these months. I just need some good advice for this. Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like
    Time to try a search. There`s a ton of information available. No one best answer.

Tom
    2 white Tacomas and 2 black Harleys. I got half-way smart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubber300
    I just recently purchased a 2008 Arctic White Mercedes C300. I just did a full mothers three step process a month ago. We just received snow and my car is not looking good. I really don`t want to scratch the clear coat. I am looking for the proper way to clean the car during these months. I just need some good advice for this. Thanks guys

I`m not very familiar with mother`s products but if you want to avoid scratching the clear coat there are a few steps to follow.

The water that you are using make sure that it is clean.

The mit or sponge can be microfiber or various materials that specify that they will not scratch your paint.

The bucket in which you are going to use fill it up all the way and use the shampoo of your taste (no dawn soap). make sure that it doesn`t contain any abrasives as it may strip the protection you put on. as the bucket is full all the way you further reduce the chance of scratching your paint because all of the sediment will settle to the bottom (grit gaurd works real well).

Make sure you wet the car down real well with alittle pressure to make sure that you remove as much film as possible. wash the car with light strokes and dunk the mitt in the bucket every panel or so. make sure that when its dunked in that you aggitate the mitt to loosen some of the crap off (the cleaner the better). If there are some spots that a simple wash could not remove there are sponges or abrasives to loosen what ever is stuck on (may require reseal of area if abrasive enough). The tires and fender wells i would use a high alkaline cleaner with a stiff brush. the wheels i use the wash soap with a boars hair wheel brush. the door jams i continuee to use the mitt and wheel brush were ever needed (keeping both clean of course)

after washing comes drying, i would reccemmend microfiber towels with just brushing soft movements (real soft) after that alittle detail spray with a mirofiber towel and finally tire dressing spray on sponge then wipe on tire.

Happy washing! :woohoo: PS I do believe your paint is ceramic scratch resistant so you can enjoy the paint scratch free longer than normal clears (with proper care of course) but are alittle harder to work on polish and buff wise. (check out before and afters on accouple of really hard coats)
    Do What Is Right, Regardless of What Others Say.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been perhaps the most skeptical person there is when it comes to Optimum no Rinse soap...however this past weekend i gave it a try as I hate looking at a dirty car. (i will post pics of the process after) For my soft black paint I first went to the local coin-self spray wash and pressure washed all the big sand and dirt particles. I then drove home and the extra water obviously all froze. I then put the car in my heated garage and let it thaw.

ONR process - As mentioned many times:

-Spray the car with quick detailer strength ONR solution from pesticide sprayer

-wash panel by panel using dual buckets

-dry car

-sit back and enjoy

I honestly could not believe it did not scratch the car. This method of car washing goes against everything I know, i dont know how dragging the mitt accross the paint and then drying the dirty car does not scratch. However it does not, I verified with halogens.

That is the process of how I keep my car clean in the winter. I also through another coat of was on while the garage was warm and the car was clean.

Thread Information