Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like
    Razr.............

I typically use this forum to continue educating myself on tips and tricks of the detailing profession. For what it`s worth, I thought I`d offer my "virgin" post here in response to your comments.

I will admit your post was a tough read but this isn`t about grammar. Thank you for recognizing the skill of female detailers.

Gender means nothing, skill, atttitude and stamina mean everything. To the other shop owners in the forum I encourage you to hire a femme, you just might be really surprised.

DetailGal is.....Female, shop co-owner, can wield a rotary with the best of them, run circles around staff half my age and love every minute of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    DetailGal- Welcome to Autopia!

There have been a few ladies on these forums who contributed quite a bit, and yeah, they could do this stuff as well as any guy.

The women I`m thinking of haven`t posted here for a while though....I don`t *think* they got put off by anything, just went on to other things than posting at Autopia. I *do* miss Lynn, Arctic White, and TaxLady, hope they`re doing well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Less
    I think it`s discussions like this one that explain why there are so few ladies on this forum

Yea really dude. Not really a `friendly` welcome for those lady detailers out there!

welcome DetailGal and cybercath!
    2004 Jeep liberty w/ stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    it would have to increase business. If i were a customer id hire a girl over a guy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supershineMJ
    it would have to increase business. If i were a customer id hire a girl over a guy.

what difference wuold it make. it`s the work that counts

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s nice that people are aware of ladies` existence in the detailing world. There are girls who have passion about cars and do care about their cars a lot. I am still fairly new to Autopia and have been reading posts every day to learn new things. Even though I am still a little bit hesitant about doing paint correction or detailing that requires more complex techniques and caution, I really want to try out what people are sharing on this forum. I believe that girls can do the same nice jobs as guys in detailing if we learn the right way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    The women I`m thinking of haven`t posted here for a while though....I don`t *think* they got put off by anything, just went on to other things than posting at Autopia. I *do* miss Lynn, Arctic White, and TaxLady, hope they`re doing well.

Jeez, I haven`t heard those names in AGES! I feel like a geezer on this board :lol

I do remember years back my friends and I considering opening a bikini hand car wash. One of a few schemes we conjured up to go into business together. Another one was to become parking lot magnates after we would have to pay a fortune to park in NY City parking garages.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bubble
    .... I believe that girls can do the same nice jobs as guys in detailing if we learn the right way.

Heh heh, IMO many women can do a *LOT* of things better than many guys if only because they don`t suffer from various forms of testosterone-induced stupidity.

Just ask anybody who teaches "macho guy skills" who their favorite and best students invariably are

Quote Originally Posted by Spilchy
    Jeez, I haven`t heard those names in AGES! I feel like a geezer on this board..

Yeah, me too on the geezer bit. I really do miss those members...especially Lynn, with whom I had struck up a nice online/snail-mail friendship (unrelated to detailing stuff)... she simply dropped off the face of the earth. I still wonder about her and hope she`s doing OK.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wfedwar

OK, I`m glad I wasn`t the only one who didn`t understand a friggin` thing in that post...
    Wolf`s Chemicals Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that women for the most part have a slightly finer attention to detail as well. As we all know attention to detail is one of the most important things in this industry, and many of us had to train ourselves to work in that kind of manner. It just seems to come more naturally for women, that and their generally greater ability to multitask. Maybe I`m only speaking for myself, but I think there is no reason why a woman can`t make for an excellent detailer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is reality:

Right or wrong, people form opinions of you based on many things. Writing is a form of self expression and if you can`t express yourself intelligibly, people will often judge you on that basis alone (as in a memo or a resume).

Not fair, perhaps, but that`s the way the world is.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All!

I`m a gal who has been using Autopia for years - constantly learning about keeping my vehicle looking its best. I have only been detailing my own vehicle (Ford Explorer Sport Trac) and my grandmother`s Ford Taurus (the ladies at her church always comment on how "shiny" her car is).

I have learned a lot from you guys and want to thank you! Some of my favorite products have become ONR, FK215 & Hi-Temp, IP & FP, AW, QS, S100, IW845, Vinelyx, Klasse AIO & S&W. I would like to eventually try the CMW (Scottwax seems to like this product a lot).

Again - thanks guys!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    jaymz- I agree :xyxthumbs

C5-Deb- Keeping that truck well-detailed must be a challenge, especially in the Phoenix heat and dust. Sure is a nice color.

Heh heh, watch out for the traffic cameras out there

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information