Post Thanks / Like
    Ok guys I run a small detailing business here in Arkansas and a customer of mine has requested for me to find "the best was you can possibly find" for his ridiculous `vert corvette. Now generally my mix of Optimum, Poorboys, and Danase typically leave the jaws on the floor, but this guy is looking for some ridiculous stuff im assuming. Basically, he is going to pay for whatever I tell him he needs, but i need to know your recommendations. The car will need little to no correction, so I basically need to know what you high $$$$ guys are using for polishing, sealing, finishing wax. Keep in mind price really is not an object (for the most part lol) so give me your recommendations on the best way to make this thing amazing.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you think you are already offering the best there is, why the need to up-sell the poor guy? Just be honest with him.

Let people know what color the car is. Perhaps somebody will have a couple of suggestions for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    its a black c5 vette. i do think my product is plenty good as is, and have had zero complaints in the past. however, i think he simply wants a more expensive wax just because the $$$ relays quality in his eyes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatrickstu
    its a black c5 vette. i do think my product is plenty good as is, and have had zero complaints in the past. however, i think he simply wants a more expensive wax just because the $$$ relays quality in his eyes.

Souveran is not really a high end wax, but it will compete with the best on black.

Post Thanks / Like
    dodo supernatural
    NO! I won`t do your car next.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Zymol has five jars (little pyramids really) of Solaris left.

You can`t officially use it professionally unless you’re a Zymol dealer but you can tell your customer that if picks one up for a mere $45,000.00 you’d be happy to apply it for him.

Seriously, tell him it’s all about the prep work, the part that requires your skill and experience.

After that, any quality product will work well and I’m sure the ones that you already use would work great. If he has a specific personal preference, fine. Go ahead and use it. Otherwise, go with what you know.

PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya know, Stu, why don`t you shoot a quick PM to rydawg? He`s got an awful lot of experience makeing Vettes look like a million bux.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    I think folks may be missing the point. It`s not whether the Vette objectively looks just as good dressed in Natty`s Red as it does in Swissvax Samargd. What is important is what the customer feels. When one owns a special car, one wants the best wax for that car, and one feels better driving that special car when one knows it is dressed in the best (or at least the best one can afford).

It`s the difference between going to an elegant dinner dressed in a $400 suit as opposed to a $1,000 suit. The suits may well look identical, but the wearer feels better looking in the more expensive threads. It`s all psychology, and a good businessman will cater to that psychology--especially if he can get a good markup on the expensive product!

Post Thanks / Like
    i really appreciate the help guys, i am def. going to be researching some of your suggestions. i will keep you guys updated, and keep up the good info!

Post Thanks / Like
    Does the customer want looks or durability? What does the customer expect from `the best` wax?

Sometimes, what looks the best doesn`t last very long and vice versa.

Like the others have stated, just about anything on a well prepped surface will look darn good, especially to the average person. If the customer wants a warm fuzzy from an expensive wax, then just about any of the boutique products will look good on perfect finish.

Dodo, P21S, Pinnacle, Swissvax, etc.

Please let us know what you decide and post pics!

Randy

Post Thanks / Like
    its kinda hard to tell what his primary concern is, but im def. putting down a sealant before the finishing wax for a little more long term durability. im looking into the swissxax right now

Post Thanks / Like
    ive shown him the souv. the swissvax, and the dodo now. ill see what he says. he claims to have some "zaino" but im trying to figure out what kind right now.

Thread Information