View Poll Results: Factors in the perfect shine?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • All about the process

17 34.00%
  • 80% process/20% Product

20 40.00%
  • 50% Process/50% Product

9 18.00%
  • 20% Process/80% Product

1 2.00%
  • 100% product, the newer products are so good a duck could get the perfect shine.

3 6.00%
  • Other?

0 0%

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you honestly think are the most important factors in achieving the perfect shine?

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s all in the polishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    All in the prep work. I don`t care how good your wax, polish, glaze sealent is if not preped correctly your finished product can look like ****

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a funny question. Products are like tools. Someone with a good understanding of the technique and a good process can get excellent results with a crappy tool. Put an expensive or excellent tool in the hands of someone who is clueless and they will never get a good result. But the first guy (good technique/process) usually is able to get his excellent results faster with good tools.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    That`s a funny question. Products are like tools. Someone with a good understanding of the technique and a good process can get excellent results with a crappy tool. Put an expensive or excellent tool in the hands of someone who is clueless and they will never get a good result. But the first guy (good technique/process) usually is able to get his excellent results faster with good tools.

Yes, that. Exactly.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    I generally agree with the "it`s all in the process" version of "it`s all in the prep", but in a few cases the right product was *awfully* important. E.g., when you have *VERY* hard/soft paint, you simply need to use the right stuff (and, well, use it correctly) or the good results just aren`t gonna happen.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find that products generally affect the time necessary more so than the quality of the outcome. I can punch out a car in half the time with M105/SIP/Ultrafina vs Optimum or the PB`s SSRs, but it would take a pretty trained eye to see the difference in the final product.

Waxes, sealants etc more effect the look of a moving car than a still one, if that makes any sense. On a car sitting in a lot, Souveran won`t look a whole lot better than NB or P21S. On a car driving by, the high-end waxes tend to have a "shimmer" that is tough to replicate at a lower price.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by themightytimmah
    On a car driving by, the high-end waxes tend to have a "shimmer" that is tough to replicate at a lower price.

LOL. So now a car has to be moving to show that the expensive wax looks better?

Post Thanks / Like
    the key to the perfect shine? hmmmmmmm well i think there are so many factors for me! truthfully my biggest one is how am i feeling at that moment. am i gonna put my heart and soul into this one or am i gonna bang it out! granted i wake up an i feel todays car is gonna make on the next mequires commercial. im gonna prep it perfect. then im gonna buff like its my last car and everyone will remember me for that car, then im gonna detail it till my eyes fall out! but truthfully i think knowledge and exsperiance is the key to that perfect shine!! sorry about the spelling and grammer im a detailer not a professor!!!!

Thread Information