Post Thanks / Like
    The last time I used the Danase polishes I used them on a faily new GM vehicle. I started with the Danase swirl abolisher 2 with a LC CCS 6.5" orange pad and then finished it with the Danase swirl abolisher 1 with a LC CCS 6.5" white pad. It turned out good for the most part, but I noticed in the right light it left some micromarring if you look at it close enough. I`m sure it wasn`t from not braking down the polish completely or moving to fast, maybe I was not using enough polish and the pad itself caused it. Anyways, have any of you all that have tried these polishes had to use a finer finishing polish? If so, what seems to work well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think what you need is to apply it with an LC gray pad to make it finish down nice
    Owner of Major Auto Works. Serving the eastern half of Puerto Rico :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot
    I think what you need is to apply it with an LC gray pad to make it finish down nice
    I`ll have to try that next time. Should I use SA1 on the white pad to gid rid of what the orage pad and SA2 left behind, or go straight to the SA1 with the gray pad?

I always thought that most people used LC CCS white pads with finishing polishes, are gray pads the way to go then?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used SA1 with a white pad and did not see any issues but then some paints are softer than others.

In my experiences with SA1, it has a quick working time with a UDM at speed 5. If you use too much, it does not break down properly and will leave hazing. This happened to me the first couple of tries. I do not use much pressure (just the weight on the machine plus enough to keep it flat) and work it slowly.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Thread Information