Post Thanks / Like
    Due to the severe conditions that my black DD is subjected to at work I`ve finally decided that a car cover is for me. I`m aware of the drawbacks of using one but believe the benefits will outweigh these. So.....it`s come down to these two choices: WeatherShield HD or Weathershield HP.

The car is exposed to the usual Texas gulf coast weather - extreme summer temps, humidity, overnight fog, frog-strangling rains etc. and especially add industrial fallout and dusty conditions and you get the idea of why I`ve decided to do this. My decision rests on these points: protection (the HD may offer the best), ease of use (the HP seems to be lighter and maybe easier to put on/off), storage in trunk (the HP appears to fold up smaller) and the ability to wash/dry at home (will a cover for a 07 Mustang fit in the washer?) Is an antennae grommet a good idea? Cost doesn`t factor into my decision but I believe one of these two will fit the bill.

I haven`t talked to sales reps yet but would like to hear some real world experiences from those here.
    [quote name=`ptaylor_9849`] Black is not a color, it`s a part time job. Patrick[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the HD when I had my Cobra and it folded up nicely in the trunk. It protected my car from the elements nicely and allowed it to breathe.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the HD. No doubt that it protected the car but after just 1 winter of gales and rain it started to leave scuff marks where it had rubbed against the roof. I had to spend an hour with a PC to get the marks out. I also made the mistake of tying the cover down with a bungie cord tied from one side to the other underneath. Big mistake. I wouldn`t use it again unless I was desperate - i.e. I was visiting a friend and they cuoldn`t let me use their garage. The car is currently in climate controlled storage until I return. When I do I will be getting a carcoon.
    The Royal Air Force doesn`t allow chickens behind the controls of complex aircraft!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have both of these covers I use the lighter one on my t-bird when I let it sit for more then a day or so it is very light and easy to use can fold it up a little bigger then a football. I use the HD on my svt lightning the cover is alot thicker material definately protect better but I have never had a problem with the lighter one I did get it in red and black the red ontop has fadded over the years I have had it so I recommend gray color for the cover. For the HD the previous owner of my lightning had a california cover dustop cover and I put that under the weathershield since I only uncover it once a week or so, the dust cover is way softer and makes putting on the weathershield alot easier it moves around less and you dont have to worry about the cover scratching. Plus there is still plenty or breathability. Hope that helps I love both cover...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 97t-bird
    Hope that helps

Tremendously :2thumbs:

Since the cover for is for short term use I think I`ll go w/ the light one. A question: how well does this cover go in the home washer?
    [quote name=`ptaylor_9849`] Black is not a color, it`s a part time job. Patrick[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by citizen arcane
    Tremendously :2thumbs:

Since the cover for is for short term use I think I`ll go w/ the light one. A question: how well does this cover go in the home washer?

I have a 97t-bird which isnt really small by any means and I wash my cover in the home one and have never had a problem. Just dotn get a color that was my only fault with it. I can cover the car in about 90seconds once u figure out the best way to roll it up so it just unrolls to were it should. I got a really good price on mine a long time ago when meguiars sold covercraft covers even had them put a meguiars logo on the front of it lol......

here is a link from meguiars online from when I first got the cover and pics after 3 years its still going strong just the red has faded ontop a bit

I love this thing - Car Care Forums: Meguiar`s Online

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 2 Weathershield HD covers for 2 of my cars. I love the covers for their durability since one of the cars sits outside 24/7. I too did notice some marring from the HD cover. To alleviate this, I ended up buying a softer NOAH style cover that goes underneath the HD. With a set of wheel covers my cars remain dry and dust free in most circumstances.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    How does the Sunbrellla compare to the HD ?
    Just trying to keep my family`s cars clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a generic, non-form fitting car cover and switching to the HP has been like day and night.

first, the material is so much lighter and rolls up easily, but in windy conditions it takes more effort since it wants to fly away. the elastic corners help provide a snug fit that wont let gusts of wind get underneath. The cover fits fine in a household washer but after the wash cycle there is still some water left since the material is meant to repel water. just leave it out to dry for a few hours.

overall, i highly recommend the cover as i`ll prob get another for my other car.

Thread Information