Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    MSDS sheets should be available for all products if you need them to carry whether they come from the USA or outside, the most important thing is to have technical back up help for any product you buy, sadly lacking from most companies of leather care products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Leather masters has great technical support, training, and industry history with the IICRC.
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

3 Layers Of GlossAuto Detail

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased Leatherique Prestine Clean and am now regretting it, thankfully the distributor I worked with is very friendly and if it isn`t too late, I`ll be able to return it for another product that can better serve me. I have no doubt that this is a fantastic product but I believe it will not suit my needs and extends beyond my rage of use.

I understand the reasoning behind Judy`s apprehensive release of product specific information. She is offering a great amount of knowledge and handing out the core reasons a product should or should not be chosen but isn`t speaking names or brands due to her professional interest in the field. She doesn`t want to abuse her bias, company relationship or for that matter hurt the credibility to the competition`s offerings.

I`ve taken her advisements as they were and based on her input as well as that of Aaron`s (@ 3lg), I think I`ve found the product direction I should follow.
    2003 Brilliant Black Audi A4 1.8t

2004 Tornado Red Triumph Speed Triple 955i

Post Thanks / Like
    Would you mind sharing this product direction with the rest of us interested in this? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lostdaytomorrow
    Would you mind sharing this product direction with the rest of us interested in this? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gonz0
    I`ve taken her advisements as they were and based on her input as well as that of Aaron`s (@ 3lg),

Aaron (@ 3lg) is Grouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse
    Leather masters has great technical support, training, and industry history with the IICRC.

If I had to guess, I would say Leather Masters. :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    There are several context clues within this thread, including the avatar of Judy`s. I`ve come ot the conclusion that LM is a safe product and the proper one for the longevity of protected leather. She did mention that other products may be better but didn`t specify which ones in particular, which I`m guessing has to do with her professional liability and responsibility to the product she must endorse.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love it how an expert can`t come on this site and give factual, useful information(and not make product recommendations BTW) without a witch hunt taking place?

Probably why most of the industry experts no longer post (or are not allowed to post) here? I can`t think of any other that has continually concentrated the educational effort without a strong underlying motive. Judy doesn`t even have a company`s homepage linked to her avatar. I wish more people can take her advice at face value.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    I love it how an expert can`t come on this site and give factual, useful information(and not make product recommendations BTW) without a witch hunt taking place?

Probably why most of the industry experts no longer post (or are not allowed to post) here? I can`t think of any other that has continually concentrated the educational effort without a strong underlying motive. Judy doesn`t even have a company`s homepage linked to her avatar. I wish more people can take her advice at face value.

The problem I see is that most "experts" seem to only want to discuss one pricey product when discussing protected leather.

They will not tell if you the many other products out there that are not true conditioners (i.e., not loaded with oils such as PB`s Leather stuff or 4* Leather Conditioner , etc) are bad. etc. There is too much FUD being used to discuss this and makes me very suspicious. If coated leather is so much like vinyl, why does it take a very very expensive product to maintain it.

The many current conditioners on the market (the "bad" ones) do not seem to be DESTROYING leather apparently otherwise we would hear more about that. It also may involve theoretical aspects versus reality. That is, it is not that big of a deal.

:dance

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    I was not attempting to spark a `witch hunt` of the sorts, nor imply anything against anyone in the thread or their association. I sincerely apologize if that is the appearance or motive I have seemed to convey. Everyone seemed very interested in A product, and wasn`t reading between the lines so I threw the blatant ones out there again based on what had already been stated earlier in the thread.

I am appreciative of the input given in this thread as this is a hot subject with me at the moment and I`m still unsure about whether or not to keep the Leatherique I`ve already purchased. The more I look at it, it would seem a diverse selection of products would serve me better than just a single one, much the same as many other aspects of detailing. The LM product would likely be the most diverse, and there may be other water-based ones available that are just as good or better, but I don`t know enough about the products available to discern a difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky
    The problem I see is that most "experts" seem to only want to discuss one pricey product when discussing protected leather.

With all due respect, how many *real* leather experts are their on this site?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky

There is too much FUD being used to discuss this and makes me very suspicious.

Suspicious of what?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quality leather care products will always be more expensive than ones produced by companies who do not understand `leather` and its care. This is because the quality products contain active ingredients that are expensive to produce unlike the cheaper products that have little or no purpose. Having said that there are some products that are sold at a highly inflated price with very complex methods of use that really are serving no purpose whatsoever.

Leather care is simple. Keep it clean (by cleaninig on a regular basis) and protectoed (which will make it easier to clean) and by doing this simple process it will prolong the life of your leather, guaranteed. If you do not do these simple things then once dirt has begun its process of detrerioration the leather will need restoration work. Using products that only serve to attract more dirt by leaving residues on the surface only speeds up the process of deterioration rather then inhibiting it.

A simple example:

We have a white piece of leather that is over 100 years old. It came out of the bellows of an organ where it had been flexed on a regular basis whenever the organ was played. The leather is in perfect condition because no dirt had been allowed to get to it (it was in a sealed chamber) and it had been kept hydrated by the moisture in the air when it was flexed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Question concerning LM Soft cleaner: On the TOL website, I watched the video of the soft cleaning foam agent. It shows that it is advised to apply via a sponge, however I usually clean leather that is even remotely dirty by using a soft bristle brush. Is it advisable to continue using this brush or will the sponge simply be enough due to this cleaner`s abilities?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use both methods. For the leather itself I find the foam pad to be fine. If you have soil in the seam and threads the soft bristle brush really is best..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfelbab
    I use both methods. For the leather itself I find the foam pad to be fine. If you have soil in the seam and threads the soft bristle brush really is best..

I have a boars hair brush that I use for foam cleaning headliners with. It works well for deviated stitching also.
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffMe
    Question concerning LM Soft cleaner: On the TOL website, I watched the video of the soft cleaning foam agent. It shows that it is advised to apply via a sponge, however I usually clean leather that is even remotely dirty by using a soft bristle brush. Is it advisable to continue using this brush or will the sponge simply be enough due to this cleaner`s abilities?

The sponge is used to work the product into a lather. the thicker the lather the longer the product will be on the leather before evap. thicker the lather the less product you will use.
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

~Aaron

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information