Post Thanks / Like
    Hey folks, I`m just getting into photography a bit and was wondering what the best site for picture hosting was. Right now I`m using photobucket. It`s a nice easy site to use, but I`m finding that when I download the pics to a site like this the photos look grainy even though they are clear on my computer.

I`m trying to experiment with different ISO settings, but it`s tough to see the difference once they hit the site.

I`ve seen some really nice, clear photos from some of you on this site. How do you do it? Is it the way I`m uploading the photos or is it the host I`m using? Obviously my skill as a photographer has much to do with this, but it`s frustrating when they look so good on my computer and so crappy once uploaded. Any advice?

Creating Parking Lot Envy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Allnitro – I do not have much information on free photo sites but you can try smugmug for a 14 day free trial which is where I store and process my digital media. I would use their free trial period to see if there is a PhotoBucket issue with your pictures. Take hundreds of shots using all the gear and gizmos on your camera during the free trial period. This is a pay site [I was not satisfied with the free sites available] and I have been using their services for a couple of years since I purchased my point & shoot camera and DVD video camera that I use for my business.

I have some galleries open to the public that you are welcome to view when you search paintpolisher at the smugmug site. I like to use the slideshow feature [top right hand button] for viewing.

As soon as I finish this I will process some shots for public viewing of a Life Flight that unfolded starting at photo 184 in the Landscapes - Georgia Fall Foliage 2008 gallery while my bride and I were at the Amicolola State Park viewing and enjoying the fall colors on Monday.

Most of the shot’s in the Landscapes - Georgia Fall Foliage 2008 are from the highest point in Georgia – Brasstown Bald - 4,784 feet above sea level in the Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest feebly attempting to capture the visual enjoyment of Jack Frost.

The Georgia Fall Foliage 2008 will go to my private galleries after Thanksgiving. If you spot a couple of shot’s you like let me know and I will enter in local photo contests.

Check out my galleries and I hope your visit was not wasted.

al

Post Thanks / Like
    NO! I won`t do your car next.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to know also. Photobucket is OK, but it does degrade the quality of the pictures.
    What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it`s all about???

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4...1967 Ford Mustang Coupe...2001 Audi A4 1.8T

Post Thanks / Like
    I know a lot of people that use Photohost. I use a friends server for my pics and I don`t think he`s giving out space...Sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

You can use this and make your own gallery :xyxthumbs
    NO! I won`t do your car next.

Post Thanks / Like
    Photobucket is known to degrade the quality of uploads. I`m thinking of creating an account with Smugmug for general photography, not necessarily for detailing stuff. I`ve heard a lot of good about them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Jalbum, easy to upload, image quality is compressed and reduced like the other sites.

With most good digital cameras, you should get good image quality up through ISO 400-500 at minimum; some are good up to 1200, a few higher than that. Skill of the photographer is a greater factor than the equipment.

Post Thanks / Like
    how about using photobucket.com
    Phil@DetailersDomain.com

Tel: 201-768-1818

www.DetailersDomain.com

10% off for autopians using autopia at checkout

Facebook, Twitter, Detailing Write Ups, Current News and Specials

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil@DetailersDomain
    how about using photobucket.com

I think that`s what he is using right now. His complaint is that they degrade the quality of the photographs. I would agree, but the unlimited (nearly) uploads is a huge benefit for me and the ease of use makes it a no brainer.

However, for higher quality images you can try Flickr. It`s used by professional photographers as well as amateurs to show off their work. Might be a good place to start. :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    I see sorry about that I guess I read it too quickly.
    Phil@DetailersDomain.com

Tel: 201-768-1818

www.DetailersDomain.com

10% off for autopians using autopia at checkout

Facebook, Twitter, Detailing Write Ups, Current News and Specials

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil@DetailersDomain
    I see sorry about that I guess I read it too quickly.

I know exactly what you did (because I do it, too). You read the title, skip the content, and post what you think is the right answer based upon the title. Did that today, actually.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just Google "free photo hosting sites" and there`s tons of `em. I use imagecave.com for my few pictures.

Thread Information