View Poll Results: Should i do it?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!!!! Dude its totally worth it!!!! You will be blown away!!

10 16.13%
  • No!!!! You must be outta your freakin' mind!

52 83.87%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C04
    Why not invest in a quality paint depth gauge and do repeated applications of a light polish until you`re happy? What`s the point of original, ugly paint? It`s going to need to be perfected at some point.

I have a nice ETG, but I don`t even need it to see that I`m at nearing the end of the road with regard to correcting those two cars- they`re both (factory) single stage metallic, very very fragile. Especially the Jag, its Rhodium Silver was discontinued due to all the issues they had with it (mine was partially repainted at the factory in the middle of its construction, wish I knew the story behind that..).

Eh, I`ve probably given the wrong impression...I see something that`s imperfect and I make it sound all nasty.

It`s not like they`re really "ugly", either one could look swell (to non-Autopian eyes) at the highest concours level if I were into that (drives my Jag guy, who`s the club`s chief concours judge, nuts that I won`t show it). And they don`t really need to be perfected- when I die they`ll still be show-quality original, which is more important to me than "perfect"; the next owner can do what he likes. Anything can be restored if you have the $, but a car`s only original once. Heh heh, the Jag looked *awful* in the showroom when it was *new*, after a few idiot-level washes In some ways it actually looks better now.

Noting that Zymol`s HD Cleanse can (IIRC, and please correct me if I`m wrong) do a bit of concealing, I really dunno what Vintage would look like on them. I do know that on the Jag, I absolutely *HATE* how P21S looks but I *LOVE* Souveran; the difference is, to me, obvious. Guess the paint isn`t that bad if I can spot LSP differences right away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Picus
    What`s the word on selling Vintage? I don`t use mine nearly enough as I should. I will probably hold on to it but it`d be good to know if I can sell it and transfer the refills. I guess I could, you know, call Zymol.

i would not mind buying a used vintage or royale if anyone got one let me know i really like the zymol line of waxes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by razr007
    i would not mind buying a used vintage or royale if anyone got one let me know i really like the zymol line of waxes

I like their stuff too, but I`d never be able to afford it... Not never, but you know what I mean.

I have their Creme, Carbon, and Glasur. That is actually good enough for what I use it for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone has some on ebay. You might want to get a sample and try it first.
    MDRX8

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread Information