Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, im new to this detailing thing and had a few questions. Im about to order the CG clay bar and clay lube/detailer kit that comes with pure acrylic crystaline high gloss sealant. I just want to make sure im doing this right before I attempt it. Wash the car thoroughly and then clay the car. When im done claying I give it another good wash and then it says to apply the sealant. Now is the sealant pretty much the same thing as wax? What if im doing a car without LSP would I wax after the clay but before the sealant? With washing after each step? Or should I go straight from claying to the sealant and no wax? Also would this kind of sealant be alright to use on a car that hasnt been polished/corrected besides a clay bar?

Post Thanks / Like
    Waxes and sealants have a lot in common, and serve similar purposes: to protect your paint and make it shine. Some sealants actually have wax in their ingredient list.

You may elect to wash the car after you clay, but it`s not absolutely necessary. I usually clay as I wash, using my wash water as a clay lubricant and then rinsing off with water. I have never used the CG sealant that you describe, but you should be able to wipe away the clay lube with a microfiber cloth and go right to the sealant.

When you say "doing a car without LSP would I wax after the clay but before the sealant," I`m not certain what you mean. LSP means Last Step Product, and used in the context of a multi-step detailing process. If you want to use the sealant and a wax, apply the sealant first and then the wax.

It`s ok to use a sealant or wax (or both) on a car that has swirls and scratches. Of course those defects will still be visible, but you can still improve the look of your paint and protect it. Good luck with everything.
    My stable includes a 2019 Toyota Avalon and a 2016 BMW 550i.

Post Thanks / Like
    well according to they`re write up on using a clay bar they said you should never use soap as lubricant since it can deteriate the clay. They also said to wash after you clay to make sure you got all the clay lube and dirt off before you start rubbing your paint with the sealant. Thanks for your help! Ordered the clay bar kit with sealant and some 5050 wax. Still not up to the level of polishing/correcting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here man,

Wash

Clay

Wash

Polish

Seal

LSP

Thread Information