Post Thanks / Like
    I`m new to machine polishing. I actually haven`t even bought one yet, but I`m looking into it. I would like to know what you guys recommend as the best beginner tool. I read a lot about the PC 7424 here as being dummy proof, which I like, but I`ve always used Meguiar`s products so I was looking at the G110. So I want something that`s dummy-proof but will get the job done. So what`s the best dual-action polisher out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Only been doing it for a month, but I went with the flex. I think I`ve got some great results so far, and no real problems to speak of other than sore hands and/or shoulders. Oh, and then there`s that detailing addiction . . . the fever keeps rising.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can afford it, the Flex may be your best bet since its power will allow you to do a lot of jobs the PC, UDM and G110 cannot but it is still safer than a rotary.

If you wallet does not allow a Flex, the G110 seems to be the next best option.

One thing to consider, some owners of the Flex have complained about its weight, others say its weight is not too bad. So who knows. Consider that in your decision though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I started off with a PC, then bought a Makita. If you`re looking to just do your car and maybe a few family/friends cars - then I`d get the G110.

Post Thanks / Like
    G110 is an excellent combination of "safe to use" + effective at minor correction. Given the price, I`d go for the G110 from ADS (one of their packages).
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug
    I started off with a PC, then bought a Makita. If you`re looking to just do your car and maybe a few family/friends cars - then I`d get the G110.

Exactly what I did. Learn the PC/Flex/G110 like the back of your hand and then upgrade to possibly a rotary to acheive better results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, just make sure that whichever one you go with can take 4" pads, as they can make *all* the difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great point on the pads - 4" for correction, 5-5.5" to polish. Do NOT buy anything bigger - you will quickly find the machine bogs down and results are zero!

Thread Information