Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there,

Im new to the world of machine buffers, and just got myself a pc 7424. My question is, do you all spray down your pads with a bit of water or QD before you buff? I have been doing this with Menzerna IP.

How do you go about stripping off zymol (without using hd-cleanse)?

Now my real problem and why i am posting:

Yesterday a bird decided to drop all over my car`s hood (2008 328 bmw Jet black).

I didn`t get back to the car until today... It was too late. My car was previously sealed with menezrna FMJ and a coat of Zymol Carbon over it.

So I washed the car today, Horrible stains remained from the Bird. These are my steps that i did, but i still have horrible stains in my paint, what do i do?

1. wash

2. clay bar, soapy water as lube (still no help!!)

3. tried some scratch X

4. porter cable, LC white pads, menzerna FP2

5. LC orange pads, menzerna IP

6. LC yellow pad, meznerna IP

with the PC i am making many passes and working in small areas and taking my time.

I havent been able to get these horrible stains out yet! what is my next step? i haven`t used any real compounds with my PC and im not sure what to get. I don`t want to order something online, so something locally available at a chain retailer or at Albert Kemperle would be great.

I really do not want to have to pay someone to do this...

can a PC do anything about orange peel?

Post Thanks / Like
    Orange peel no. Depending on how bad the clearcoat is damaged, you my want to step up to a rotary with a more aggressive polish, then work your way back to the pc for your final finish. Orange peel = Wetsanding. Send close up pictures of the damaged areas so we can help you better.
    This user has been banned for violating forum rules and trolling.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t seem to get the area to show up in my camera... anyhow,

i did a spot-test with some of this turtle wax polishing compound i found in my brothers garage, and it took out the bird crap. It left some micro marring that I havent yet been able to work out with my PC... menzerna Ip on a yellow and orange pad followed by FP2-white pad. I also tried scratch x

The micro scratches are better than the bird stains, but how could turtle wax sell a product that makes such damage to the paint?

What can i do without upgrading to a rotary?

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as Turtle wax goes I cant answer that. I try to stick more to the higher end brands, You get what you pay for. For serious paint correction problems I allways stay with 3M, just my product of choice. Megs has a pretty awsome line. It all comes down to learning what polishes to put with what pads, and that all comes from experimenting. As for not wanting to upgrade to a rotary I do see your concerns with that. I have seen someone on youtube show how to compound with a P/C step by step. Something to look into. I have a P/C in my arsenal, but to tell you the truth I hardly ever use it. My weapon of choice is the 9772. Ive been running a rotary since 1991, so im very comfortable with it. It is very versitile, it can be extremely aggressive, and with a change in pad, polish, and speed, very delicate. I will apply wax with my 9772, My point is the rotary is your friend. practice, and once you feel comfortable using it, The P/C will become a memory. Of the 2 machines the rotary is the one the truely delivers ! What I would use to take your problem away. The rotary set speed to 1500, 3M black foam waffel pad, megs machine glaze. The speed, and the design of the pad will disipate the heat unless you get it in a bind, or sit to long in one spot. trick for the rotary is stay moving slowly, and stay away from edges. Next step I change the pad to a 3M swirl removing blue foam waffel. change polish to megs swirl mark remover, slow the rotary down to 1000. Then final wax. Solved ! G/L
    This user has been banned for violating forum rules and trolling.

Thread Information