Post Thanks / Like
    As most of you have battled at one point in time, I am looking for a new way to prevent the brake dust residue from staining the driveway. In the past I wouold be washing the car with a consisderable amount of water that would flush the brake dust off of the area under the wheels. Now I have been using ONR and whatever water runs off the wheels with the brake dust is collecting under the wheels and eventually going to stain the driveways. On cement driveways I have been moving them to an area that won`t be bothered, and on blacktops I am fine. But, I am wondering if any of you have seen this being an issue and may have some suggestions. I am trying to figure out something that wont be a big task, but at the same time it will help keep the brake dust from staining. Happy posting!:buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    My uncle has waterproof driveways now. So much tire dressing has soaked into the concrete that water beads up and runs off. I guess you can try that. :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    This doens`t help much, but I find that wetting the part where the "runoff" will be going makes it easier to wash away.

Unfortunately, I don`t konw what to do to totally keep it from staining. I would think sealing a cement drive would help, but it is hard to suggest that to someone, esp a client.
    :soscared:

Post Thanks / Like
    It may be a bit cumbersome but maybe those plastic painting tarps from home depot?

Lay down the tarp with the edge meeting the sidewalk/end of driveway and then park the car above it. The cumbersome park is rolling it back up while still wet or laying it somewhere to dry before rolling it back up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Take a half gallon of armor all and dump it in the drive way and spread it with a broom and then wash it off with the hose. Wanna talk about a waterproof driveway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oddly enough, tire dressing will stain blacktop.

Usually flushing the area with water before it dries works well. You don`t have to use too much, maybe a gallon total for a 4 wheels.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah there really is no more obvious or effective solution than just using water to rinse it away, even if you use the water from your wash bucket. Or just let it build up and hit it with a pressure washer every few months.

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to give credit where credit is due..."paintpolisher" on here suggested one time that you place a puppy training mat under each tire. You can do your ONR wash, and dress the wells and tires - then, move the car and throw away the puppy mats. I bought a 30 pack at a discount store for like $8.
    Ridding the world of swirls, one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by weekendwarrior
    I have to give credit where credit is due..."paintpolisher" on here suggested one time that you place a puppy training mat under each tire. You can do your ONR wash, and dress the wells and tires - then, move the car and throw away the puppy mats. I bought a 30 pack at a discount store for like $8.

haha.. good one. Although funny, it def serves its purpose. Thx!

Post Thanks / Like
    Most practical thing would be to keep some water near by in a bucket and wash it away before it dries. Like scott said, it should take much.
    2004 Jeep liberty w/ stuff.

Thread Information