Post Thanks / Like
    I know the title of this thread sounds stupid but I have a big problem with the leather in my girlfriends Ford Explorer. She has a beige interior and in the past she would wear a black leather jacket which since then has left these nasty marks that I`m about to show you. I alreadt tried zymol leather clean based on a tip I got from a friend but it didn`t really do anything. I`ve also been told that using rubbing alcohol might work but I am a little scared to try that without talking to you guys first. Is there any other way to get these out or did the leather in her car actually get dyed from her leather jacket? If it is dyed is there any recourse for me to get the leather looking normal again? Thanks for any help.

This is the drivers side seat. you can see the black stain on both sides of the stitching. I was able to get some off with zymol leather cleaner but it wasn`t really doing all that much

This is the worst part of all, the center arm rest. This seems like leather but it might be vinyl, I can`t really tell because it is harder than the leather on the seats but still softer than the traditional vinyl on the dashboard.

This is the back on the seat. It may be hard to see, but there are dark marks floating around all over the place.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am looking for the same solution. My black leather coat has rubbed off on both the leather seat and the leather-look vinyl armrest. I`ve tried just about everything INCLUDING (on a small section of the vinyl) Goof-Off. That didn`t even take it off. Nor did Magic Eraser, 409, or anything else.

If I EVER get it off, I need suggestions on what to seal the seats and vinyl to keep this from happening again.

Post Thanks / Like
    here try this thread for some help:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/profess...d-leather.html

Post Thanks / Like
    1. Spray diluted Simple Green (5 parts water : 1 part SG) onto very fine steel wool.

2. Clean area with light pressure.

3. Wipe dry.

Note: Don`t scrub too hard.

APPLIED COLORS

PROFESSIONAL GRADE PAINT TOUCHUP KITS

Thread Information