Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently bought a blue 2005 Mercedes CLK500 that was covered in car wash scratches. Mcehanically, the car was good but the paint was covered in scratches from years of automated car washes, and not the "soft cloth" variety. No, this was nylon brush gas station car washes.

After looking at lots of products and a having a history of success with 1Z consumer products, I bought the Pasta Intensiv and High Gloss polish from their professional line, as well as some 4 inch pads and a purple wool pad to use with my PC. While I can use the rotary, it`s always much messier and particular in its use. As I worked on the car, with the PC and the rotary, I just couldn`t get the hang of it and was really disappointed in the new 1Z products I`d bought. I worked until 11:30 last night and was unhappy with the results I was getting. To wind down, I got on Autopia and did a search on the 1Z HG product and read a number of Accumulator`s posts regarding the purple wool and the PI and HG products. I started to get a feel that perhaps it wasn`t the product`s fault, but instead was user incompetence. So, this morning I dropped the rotary and went back to the smaller pads and wool on the PC, and followed Accumulator`s advice on using LESS product and concentrating on slowing down and being patient.

WOW, what a difference. I took out a couple of deep scratches with the purple wool and the Pasta Intensiv. I concentrated on using less HG polish and really breaking it down. Instead of having a tough time removing the product, it suddenly was a breeze, and the surface looked great!

I finished up with 1Z WaxPolish Soft and was reminded on what a great yet underappreciated product it is. Again, easy on, easy off, and what a shine.

Net of this is, I reread a bunch of posts and learned from Accumulator`s experience, and well written thoughts, on how to maximize the results with the 1Z products.

So, Thanks Accumulator, your willingness to share your thoughts made all the difference in my efforts today.

No pics right now, but I will get some pics this week to post, but I must say, the 1Z products performed great, once I understood how to use them. The Pro product line is not idiot proof like the consumer line, but once you get the hang of them, provide great results.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, ACCUMULATOR always has great advice. definitely, one of the most experienced detailers on this board and i would trust his judgement too...

Post Thanks / Like
    You`re pretty experienced yourself too Al.

I`ve only tried the 1Z IP but I really like it too.
    -Justin

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    yes, ACCUMULATOR always has great advice. definitely, one of the most experienced detailers on this board and i would trust his judgement too...

I second that. It seems as if the few others who are top tier detailers don`t post here much anymore:think:

Post Thanks / Like
    Who`s Accumulator?
    Phoenix & Scottsdale Detailer

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by awahl63
    Who`s Accumulator?

Just some "know it all" that has "accumulated" about 20,000 posts on this site...

Seriously, Accumulator`s advice is always solid, and has never let me down. He is always more than willing to provide advice, and is a real asset to this site.
    Ridding the world of swirls, one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve learned a lot from reading his posts. He gives thorough responses that cover the question at hand. Very valuable member here indeed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by awahl63
    Who`s Accumulator?

As the # of my posts indicates ,I,m fairly new to this site but after a couple of days of being here I got to know Accumulator very quickly.

He is one of the kindest, most knowledgeable member here with a lot of class.

Post Thanks / Like
    SamIam- Glad things worked out on the Benz and that you found my posts helpful. Heh heh, guess it`s the least I can do to help ease the pain you must feel....living without an A8 as you now are must be tough :chuckle:

And thanks for the appreciation guys...my approaches aren`t always the right advice for *everyone*, but being based on first-hand experience I`d expect them to be pretty reliable. If something works for *me* (you know, the ol` "Accumulator-proof" product test) it oughta work OK for most people.

Post Thanks / Like
    good read. As a newb, i like to read and then re-read and over time, I am trusting Accumulator more and more. I used to think he was secretly employed by Collinite Marketing Dept...LOL

so, a bit off topic, do a lot of people use the foamed wool with the PC? I`m just getting into the 4" pads and experimenting with some different polishes. Should I pick up a couple of the purple foamed wool for the PC?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    It seems as if the few others who are top tier detailers don`t post here much anymore :think:

unfortunately, i`ve been noticing that as well...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    unfortunately, i`ve been noticing that as well...

+1 same here... and yes, accumulator has great advice..

I got a few samples from 1z a couple weeks ago but have yet to try them... I`m hoping to do some experimenting over the weekend
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes, life without the A8 is tough. Of course, I saved enough in the monthly Audi maintenance budget to buy a convertible!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lecchilo
    +1 same here... and yes, accumulator has great advice..

I got a few samples from 1z a couple weeks ago but have yet to try them... I`m hoping to do some experimenting over the weekend
    My advice is to use the product sparingly, and be patient. Also, it seemed to help when I sprayed a quick shot of detail spray on the pad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does the slower speed suggestion with this product increase the working time with the product? Maybe a better question, how long is the working time with the product? are the passes to "breakdown" of the polish same as something like the menzerna products? Longer, slower?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information