Post Thanks / Like
    I used my Cam Spray Foam Cannon for the first time today. I used between 2-3 ounces of Meg`s Gold Class mixed with 30 oz of water. I was pretty disappointed with the lack of foam that was produced with the knob on full blast. The foam that it did produce wasn`t thick enough to stick to the surface of the car.

I`m just wondering if this is because Meg`s Gold Class isn`t a good foaming shampoo? I even tried a solution of 4 ounces Meg`s Gold Class with 30 oz water with the same results.

I washed my car in the shade but it was still close to 90 degrees. Could the heat have caused this problem?

Post Thanks / Like
    Never used a foam cannon, but I have the Gilmore foam gun and mixed 2 ounces of Gold Glass and the remaining maybe 8 oz of water and had excellent foam. I think the dilution of 30oz`s water:1-2-3oz`s Gold Class is far to much for generous foam.
    PARK AVENUE

- D E T A I L I N G -

Ottawa Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I`ll try a higher concentration of solution next time. The only reason I used 2-3 oz of Gold Class with 30 oz water is because that`s the ratio I have seen recommended on the forum. I think the heat may have also played a part in drying up the water and thinning the foam more quickly then it would have in cooler weather.

Post Thanks / Like
    No, GC just isnt a good foaming soap. Use something else if you want a lot of foam.

Post Thanks / Like
    CG CWG will foam nicely.

Post Thanks / Like
    DP XTREME FOAM! ALl i can say is, its made to be a foam cleaner/softner not a shampoo being used to foam with.

Enjoy, i know i do!

Post Thanks / Like
    try the EO1 car soap (available OTC at AZ & pepboys), i use it with the regular foam gun (the one that hooks up to the garden hose) and it produces LOTS of foam (i can imagine how well it would work with the foam cannon/lance)...

p.s. i use megs gold class in a traditional wash (bucket style), but found that it doesn`t work well with the foam gun IME...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies. I`m relieved to hear that Meg`s Gold Class isn`t a great foaming shampoo. At least I know there is nothing wrong with my foam cannon.

I`ve heard good things about Chemical Guys CWG. That DP Xtreme Foam looks really cool too, I might have to try that out. Thanks for the suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like
    What`s so great about having your soap foam up? I mean i have GC and a Glimour foam cannon and i get some nice suds but i still dont understand whats so great about the foaming action.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sabitu
    Thanks for the replies.

I`ve heard good things about Chemical Guys CWG. That DP Extreme Foam looks really cool too, I might have to try that out. Thanks for the suggestions.

CGs CWG is a good soap ,I had a surprise when I first used it,I put about 2.5 oz in my foam cannon but it stripped all my LSP !:aww:It`s very concentrated so now I only use about one once mixed it with 2 oz of other soap.

I have also heard DP Extreme foam is a good soap to use in a foam cannon but it`s on the expensive side.

The best value for your money IMO is DG # 901 soap,it`s also concentrated and leaves a fantastic ,slick shine .

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, the DP Xtreme Foam is on the expensive side. I`ve been looking at various shampoos and I think I`m going to go with DG 901 and Chemical Guys CWG. Following your suggestion Distrbd, as well as some other people`s suggestions, I`m going to use 2 oz DG 901 and 1 oz CWG in my foam cannon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sabitu
    Yeah, the DP Xtreme Foam is on the expensive side. I`ve been looking at various shampoos and I think I`m going to go with DG 901 and Chemical Guys CWG. Following your suggestion Distrbd, as well as some other people`s suggestions, I`m going to use 2 oz DG 901 and 1 oz CWG in my foam cannon.

Sounds like a plan

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello

The Xtreme foam is as close as you will get to the foaming "idea" that you see on the UK sites. Often they use a special product which is foam only, to soften the dirt. Unless its the citrus foam it has no cleaning ability other then softening the dirt and removing and helping to remove dust and traffic film.

Spraying acutaly shampoo on your car may have a different effect and weaken lsp etc. Infact if you then whas your car with the shampoo its still a bit like giving it 2 washes in one go?

Geoff

Post Thanks / Like
    Meg`s Gold Class isn`t the best for foaming, but it works just fine with my Autobrite Foam Cannon. Better foaming shampoos are CG CWG, Duragloss 901 and Meg`s Hyperwash.

Thread Information