Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you all work your AIO in with a PC7424?

How long do you need to work it into the paint for?

I use white pad speed 3

I have tried nearly everything but I am looking for something that will give my tires a deep rich black sheen and ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT SLING AND END UP ALL OVER MY PAINT

I am thinking of trying PB trim restore since it is great for plastics as well?

Is there a proper way to apply it as well...?

thanks!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well personally what i like to use on my tires is the Armorall Gel. It comes with a foam applicator pad...and you just squirt the gel onto the pad and rub it over your tires. Since its a GEL it lasts longer and its the best/longest shine ive come across personally...plus 1 bottle lasts a pretty decent amount of time. And of course NO sling since its applied with the pad. The only draw back ive had with it is after 2 weeks or so when the shine starts to fade...sometimes the gel will kinda cake up...like you can see it turning old. I`m pretty sure thats because i live in arizona and its gettin beat on by 110 degrees all the time. To fix that i just use some Bleach Wite tire cleaner (the best tire cleaner ive ever used). Just spray it on...let it set a minute...get a brush and a bucket of soapy water, the brush i use has a bit more of a coarse bristle so it can scrub the caked gel out from places like around the lettering on the tire etc...scrub it real fast and rinse it off...and then you`ll be working with a clean tire with nothin caked on...ready to go for a new coat of Armorall gel.

The other option id say you have is...just buy one of the foam pad applicators...and use YOUR favorite tire dressing. Just spray it right on the pad...and then rub it on the tire. Hope that helps!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never had any slinging issues with every dressing I`ve tried. The key is to remove excess after applying it with your applicator. I tend to apply it on all four tires, then go over each tire again, with the same foam applicator, but without adding additional dressing. This has yet to fail me. But, I never dress tires and proceed to go 80+ on the highway, so YMMV.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah you are using too much tire dressing if it slings. All the products I have tried, any one of them will sling if there`s too much there. As Shine stated, that is the best way to do it to ensure full coverage and to make sure you don`t have too much of it on.

Post Thanks / Like
    chuckstang95- The white pad is probably OK unless the paint in question is *very* soft. I use a damp pad/applicator and I only work the KAIO until it`s done whatever cleaning is required or otherwise merely been uniformly applied to the panel.

It doesn`t do any real correction there`s no need to work it until some abrasive`s broken down and it doesn`t penetrate into the paint (unless perhaps if you`re talking about some unusually porous old-school ss lacquer) so there`s no need to "work it in". I work it longer than a true W-O-W-O technique, but not too much more than that unless I`m expecting it to do some real cleaning.

While somebody once said that letting it flash off/dry before buffins will increase its minimal durability, I always buff it off before it dries.

On the tire dressing, I wipe the tires down with a cloth (cotton or MF) after applying to remove any excess. Zero slinging with Z-16 or any other tire dressing I`ve ever used.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Zaino Perfect Tire gloss won`t sling. Period.
    `02 Trans Am WS6

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamRWS6
    The Zaino Perfect Tire gloss won`t sling. Period.

Neither will Armor All, Bold n` Brite, Hyper Dressing, Optimum, etc.

Clean the tire well with an apropriate product (Hi-Temp Tire Cleaner comes to mind), scrub well and you will have nice results with any water based dressing applied appropriately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Never had any trouble with Black Magic Tire Wet Foam, either.
    2004 Daytona Blue Nissan 350Z Touring :bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    Was just gonna ask about dressing recommendation. Well I have used Black Magic titanium Wet Gel and it does hold well with little to no sling.

I guess how you use it also effects how it holds. Go over all the tires again with the same applicator (like the previous person said). Also, do allow enough time for it to dry/set. I would leave it over night.

I found the spray dressing does sling but maybe it`s just me.

Post Thanks / Like
    as long as you have a good clean tire and work the tire dressing in thoroughly (especially in/around the tread), you shouldn`t have much sling or any at all...

i like using the AA tire shine gel (looks good and reasonably priced) and one bottle lasts a looong time...

Post Thanks / Like
    Tire dressings that WILL NOT sling.

You don`t have to buff this: Meg`s HotShine aerosol.

If you buff it; it does look better.

These you willl have to apply and buff:

PB BoldnBright

Meg`s Endurance Gel

BlackMagic Titanium Matte (GREAT...like BnB but longer lasting)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mblgjr

These you willl have to apply and buff:

PB BoldnBright

Meg`s Endurance Gel

BlackMagic Titanium Matte (GREAT...like BnB but longer lasting)

BlackMagic Matte is advertised as no sling. If your into that matte new tire look and dont care for gloss, this is prob worth a try.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino Z16, Mothers FX tire dressings

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow85
    BlackMagic Matte is advertised as no sling. If your into that matte new tire look and dont care for gloss, this is prob worth a try.

i have been using BM matte for about four months now. lasts longer than ANYTHING that i have used in 35 years :soscared: . this stuff is the bomb, IMHO. :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    I think some may be confused, Im not talking about slinging upon applying it, but driving down the road, it get it all over the car. I think it gets in the tread edges and that is my problem, I can`t get it out of all those little cracks before driving.

Thanks for all the replies, also when I applied the AIO, I did the whole car and then buff off, I am thinking I should have just done one panel at a time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information