Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Regarding brushes/etc. that`re too aggressive for chrome- note that chrome plating is generally a *LOT* harder than paint, so something that`s OK on regular clear-coated wheels oughta be fine for chrome. My general rule is that if I wouldn`t use it on the hood of a black Bentley I won`t use it on my wheels If you use gentle brushes, IMO it`s more likely to be the stuff you`re cleaning off that causes the scratches, not the brush itself.

Eliot Ness- On your link to your preferred wheel brush (looks nicer than my Griot`s ones), I see they sell the round one I like too (everyone calls it an "interior brush"). It sounds like the SwissVax brush has *nylon* bristles...I`d much rather use the (aforementioned) round BHB, even if it does wear out after a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    .......Eliot Ness- On your link to your preferred wheel brush (looks nicer than my Griot`s ones), I see they sell the round one I like too (everyone calls it an "interior brush"). It sounds like the SwissVax brush has *nylon* bristles...I`d much rather use the (aforementioned) round BHB, even if it does wear out after a while.
    Since I have the set of Griot`s brushes that include that round one I haven`t ordered another one yet. I also noticed the nylon bristles on the SwissVax brush, but have one on BO anyway just to compare it.

I think the World`s Greatest Boar`s Hair Wheel Brush has a little longer bristles than many of the others. After using it for a couple of months I wouldn`t use anything else and I might order a couple more during the 20% off sale to keep in reserve.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Ness
    Since I have the set of Griot`s brushes that include that round one I haven`t ordered another one yet. I also noticed the nylon bristles on the SwissVax brush, but have one on BO anyway just to compare it...

I`ll be interested in that comparison, and in how it fairs in a CD-test.

I think the World`s Greatest Boar`s Hair Wheel Brush has a little longer bristles than many of the others. After using it for a couple of months I wouldn`t use anything else and I might order a couple more during the 20% off sale to keep in reserve.

Yeah, I noticed those long bristles myself They`re not *too* long are they, as with some good BHBs that`re so gentle that they don`t even bother the dirt

Better stock up, my discussions with Jan at CMA convinced me that the availability of good BHBs can change overnight.

Post Thanks / Like
    .........Yeah, I noticed those long bristles myself They`re not *too* long are they, as with some good BHBs that`re so gentle that they don`t even bother the dirt ........
    For a wheel that isn`t badly neglected I think they are just about perfect.
    .........Better stock up, my discussions with Jan at CMA convinced me that the availability of good BHBs can change overnight.
    Thanks for the tip!
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jb1
    I use the black bristle cone-shaped brush from Auto Zone on both my vette and my wife`s Lexus RX 350. It`s the best brush I`ve found so far.

do you have the "big brakes" (Z51/F55)? i have an F55 car and there is alot less room between the rotors and inner wheel barrels. it`s a *****. :soscared:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmie jam
    do you have the "big brakes" (Z51/F55)? i have an F55 car and there is alot less room between the rotors and inner wheel barrels. it`s a *****. :soscared:

Yes I have F55 and fits in between the wheel and the caliper up front. If you can`t find one, I`ve seen several lint brushes for a clothes dryer that would probably work. The bristles are shorter and stiffer but they are also about half the size of the brush I use so I`m sure it would work also.

*Update* - Took a couple of pics of the brush I was talking about. It`s $4.99 at Auto Zone. The bristles bend/flex very easy so even though it looks like it wouldn`t fit b/t the caliper and the wheel, it does.

I bought another brush with shorter, stiffer bristles that I can bend to get behind each spoke but I didn`t take a picture of it. Sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Updated with pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    went to AZ and bought it. thanks!!:up

Post Thanks / Like
    The Swissvax wheel brush is actually pretty soft, especially when it is wet with soapy solution. I would think it has some sort of animal hair or something and not nylon, it sure as hell smells like a wet animal after you use it. :nervous:

For the inner rims, right now I`m just using an old sheepskin mitt, obviously it doesn`t get into the really tight inner rims, but I just move the car a little to clean it all during the wash.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information