Post Thanks / Like
    I was talking about going with the klasse aio followed by a few coats of the klasse glaze after a wash and clay. Anny other suggestions of what to use instead of the klasse?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m using Wolfgang`s deep gloss 3.0 sealant, topped with pinnicle liquid souveran wax. Remember to let the sealant cure for about 12 hours before applying the wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO makes a great base for pretty much anything as it does a great job cleaning the paint, and also leaves a layer of acrylic protection. Many like to go from AIO to a pure carnauba wax (Souveran, P21S, Fuzion, etc) or layer another synthetic over it. Klasse SG can be a pain to use, so many tend to opt for something like Wolfgang, Four Star UPP, etc.
    www.autogeek.net - We Are Car Care!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it really depends on what end look your going for.

Glaze: going to leave much more of a mirror type finish with minimal depth. Though excellent for durablity.

Caranuba: going to give you that wet look, coated candy look, more depth to the paint along with a nice warm mirror finish. Most last between 4 to 8 weeks with some going for 4+ months. Lots of different ones to choose from. I find spending more $30 on wax doesn`t really warrant results vs $$$$. Some good ones are Collinite 476 ($14), P21S Concours ($30ish), Megs Yellow #26 ($10 to $15), Finish Kare Pink Wax ($17), and ClearKote Carnauba Moose wax ($20). These are all excellent products with great results.

P.S.: Remember with the Klasse less is better and with SG really make sure you don`t over apply it. It can become a pain to apply/buff out if your using to much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the klasse aio ok to use by hand, I have a buffer but am afraid to use it cause I don`t want to do more harm than good. Should I still use the sg if I`m gonna use another wax, sounds like the sg is a pain. What waxes work well with a silver car, I`m looking for that deep shine, more of a depth person than shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by silver03accord
    Is the klasse aio ok to use by hand, I have a buffer but am afraid to use it cause I don`t want to do more harm than good. Should I still use the sg if I`m gonna use another wax, sounds like the sg is a pain. What waxes work well with a silver car, I`m looking for that deep shine, more of a depth person than shine.

You can apply it by hand just fine. Doesn`t take much to do the whole car. More of just an overall wipe down with the AIO. Many people will use the SG (for its durability) and then apply a caranuba wax over it for the looks that it gives you.

If you enjoy detailing your car and usually do it every month or two. Then I`d say your fine with the AIO topped with a wax. If you don`t like spending time and just want something to throw on and not worry about it for the next 4 to 6 months then use the SG and wax over it.

All the waxes I listed will look great on silver. Is there differences, I`m sure on some small level but you`d never notice without really examining them side by side. The main difference is going to be in durablilty between them all. P21S I`d say out of all of them listed will last the least amount (around 4-6 weeks), though yields an excellent look. Collinite 476 will last the longest (3-4 months maybe even longer depending on care). The rest are all similar in durablilty of around 2 months. In the end your going to hear excellent things said about all those waxes. You really can`t go wrong with any of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I really like a clean car, it normally doesn`t go a week unwashed. I enjoy cleaning/detailing my car so the work is no problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    You don`t mind putting in a lot of work? I would go with Autopia`s Perfect shine which is KAIO with P21S on top. Every other wash, just apply some more P21S until you think you need to do KAIO again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phamkl
    You don`t mind putting in a lot of work? I would go with Autopia`s Perfect shine which is KAIO with P21S on top. Every other wash, just apply some more P21S until you think you need to do KAIO again.

I don`t enjoy waxing my car that much. Since the klasse sg is such a pain to work with, is there other cleaner waxes and sealers that work well. I`m a little confused about cleaner wax and polish, are they basically the same thing?

Is the proper way?

Wash>Clay>Cleaner Wax>Polish>Sealer>Final Wax

Thread Information