Post Thanks / Like
    I will be detailing an 07 Mercedes ML-350 this week with MB-Tex seats. That`s leather with what I assume is suede or something like it. I have seen several threads dealing with cleaning alcantara. Is MB-Tex the Mercedes version of that? I looked over the SUV and there are some very minor stains, most likely from a drink, but not bad at all luckily. The other threads touch on cleaning, but seem to stay away from the subject muchless a definite answer. Can anyone put a good answer on this, and possible protection to follow the cleaning?

I am not completely versed on all the acronyms for some of the products you guys have, so please be gentle.

I appreciate the help from all of you very obvious miracle workers. You guys are all great!! :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Murphman- MB Tex is just what they call their Vinyl interior stuff. It`s incredibly tough and IME it doesn`t need any special (i.e., gentle) consideration. I always just used whatever interior/vinyl cleaner and dressing I had on hand. I wouldn`t go berserk with a Magic Eraser or anything, but I sure wouldn`t worry about having to baby the stuff either

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Accumulator, thanks for the reply. I was very glad to see that you were one of the people that replied. I think I may have the terminolgy mixed up then. This SUV definitely has suede-ish seats with the leather, I was able to look inside. I even asked to see the owners manual to check on proper cleaning, and it doesn`t say squat about that part, only leather cleaning. If this suede-ish section needs something other than leather cleaning/conditioning, which I certainly assume it does, then where the heck is it in the manual?! Mercedes tell you to routinely care for and clean everything, but if suede is that tempermental, they are setting up the owner for failure.

So with this suede-ish material definitely inside, any suggestions??

Thanks brother!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Murphman- Eh...sorry, I dunno from the suede-type stuff :nixweiss

Yeah, it *is* funny that the manual doesn`t give their opinion on care :think:

I`d check some Benz-centric internet forum and see what people there say.

OR...start another thread without the "MB Tex" in its title as people here possibly thought "that stuff`s indestructible, who cares what he uses...he won`t hurt it"

Guys like Clean Dean and ScottWax work on a lot of Benzes, maybe they`d have an idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Will do, brother. Thanks anyway for the help. I see a lot of your posts. You are a busy man!! I appreciate you taking the time to try to help me.

Post Thanks / Like
    the "suede" center section in an ML is Alcantara and the sides are MB Tex.

MB offers 3 different interiors on the ML -- all MB Tex (standard), Alcantara/MB Tex mix (optional), and a full leather interior (standard on the P2 & P3 option packages I believe).

I have an ML550 w/P2 and did the research when I was shopping at the beginning of the year. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toyemp
    the "suede" center section in an ML is Alcantara and the sides are MB Tex..

Well, at least the sides oughta be a no-brainer. Now I wonder about the Alcantara :think: Some Audis have it too but I`ve never dealt with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    instructions from the manufacturer on how to maintain and clean Alcantara

Ordinary maintenance - Alcantara

basically though, light application of soap & water using a sponge without getting the material too wet....

Post Thanks / Like
    toyemp: Ah, good link...straight from the horse`s mouth :xyxthumbs

I do wonder about what degree of steaming one might get away with though :think:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, I can`t thank you enough for taking the time to research and help me understand what`s going on. I have nothing but to learn and learn again. And nothing but respect for the help you give everyone.

THANK YOU!!

Thread Information