Post Thanks / Like
    A little background. I currently own a black 03 Mercedes E320. good looking car when its clean, but the swirls and scratches are starting to annoy me....Just recently I stopped washing my car, because I just hate the after results...The straw that broke the camels back for me is when my I was picking up my girlfriend to go to the movies and she said "Your car always looks dull, I think its time for a new paint job! Thats when I knew it was time to do some research on detailing

Ive read alot on the boards and have just ordered a pc7424 with 4" orange, white and black pads. I should be ready to do my first detail job this weekend.... I pretty much have the washing and drying down ( 2 - 5 gallon buckets, grit guard, waffle weave towel, meguairs gold class soap, etc...), then on to the clay bar, after that polish (Merzerna`s SIP), after Im satisfied with the result its onto Wax/sealant (Meguiars #21), then go over with 50/50 alcohol and water and microfiber towel.

Now is there anything that you guys would recommend to add in, any different products or steps I left out?

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Do the 50/50 wipedown after the polish, before the meg`s #21, otherwise I think you`ll remove the sealant/wax!

Post Thanks / Like
    lol.....I meant to put that wipe down step before the wax...thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    usually SIP wont leave a nice finish, if you going for a one step try 106ff or get 106 or 85rd as final step, if the swirls are deeper you might look at orand or purple wool foam pad

also with the PC get ready to spend a lot of tim mooving really slow to correct deeper imperfection.

GL

Post Thanks / Like
    SIP actually finishes down pretty nicely on most finishes, make sure you work it in completely, work the polish till it clears on the paint then wipe of residue. no one can tell you what process/chemical will correct 100% defect free, the best thing to do is do test spots and find out yourself.

Like designs I would recommend 106 or 85rd on a black or white pad after SIP (if needed).

Orange pad should be agressive enough if the damage is not that bad.

Again it sounds like you have the tools for the job just go and find out what works for you.

Always start with lighter polishes and polishing pads to see if this corrects the way you want, if it does not get what you want done step it up a notch.

Happy detailing!

Alex
    Boyce Auto Detailing

Thread Information