Post Thanks / Like
    hey everyone, i`m orginizing tools for my first polishing job, if someone could give a tip on what light source to use for a graphite infiniti.... direct sunlight does not show swirls unless u look for them but even than its difficult, an gas station with really bright white lights is the best source to locate the swirls, now i`m trying to get something like that in my garage...

halogens are ok, but not as good as the light at the gas station,

since picutres are up, if someone could also give me a tip on how to do the curves on the hood where it curves up for the headlights, just normall left to right ? i`m planning on buying and PC with 5.5 pads unsure which ones, maybe the flex ccs backing plate with 5.5 ccs pads, menzerna will be used the SIP and either nano or final polish,

that will be determined once i read more about it, and look at the results,

but for today to restate my questions

what choice of light to use for the diamond graphite paint ?

any tips how to do the cureves on the hood.

thank you,

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianPL
    hey everyone, i`m orginizing tools for my first polishing job, if someone could give a tip on what light source to use for a graphite infiniti.... direct sunlight does not show swirls unless u look for them but even than its difficult, an gas station with really bright white lights is the best source to locate the swirls, now i`m trying to get something like that in my garage...

halogens are ok, but not as good as the light at the gas station,

since picutres are up, if someone could also give me a tip on how to do the curves on the hood where it curves up for the headlights, just normall left to right ? i`m planning on buying and PC with 5.5 pads unsure which ones, maybe the flex ccs backing plate with 5.5 ccs pads, menzerna will be used the SIP and either nano or final polish,

that will be determined once i read more about it, and look at the results,

but for today to restate my questions

what choice of light to use for the diamond graphite paint ?

any tips how to do the cureves on the hood.

thank you,

I have a black G35. Don`t worry about the curves on the hood with a PC. Just do them as you would any other spot on the car. I would suggest buying a few of the Lake County 4" CCS pads (2 orange and 2 white) and a backing plate for the same. Those pads will remove the swirls/scratches easier. Then you can use the larger pads for final finishing or just use the 4" pads. In my opinion, I would not even bother buying the larger pads and backing plate if you haven`t already. The 4" pads are that good. I like the Menzerna FPII and Intensive Polish. Our paint isn`t that hard and I recently used IP and FPII on my black paint with great results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good advice. 4" pads are a must when attempting to correct defects with a PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try placing the halogens a little farther from the surface. I find that sometimes having the light too close to the paint is overpowering and makes it difficult to see imperfections.

Thread Information