Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone on here polish outside? I don`t have access to a garage right now and was thinking of purchasing a car canopy to cover the car from the sun so that I can polish outside. Is it okay to polish in sunlight? I had a tried a few searches but nothing came up. Also if you know any places to find a nice canopy OTC rather than online, let me know. Most places online charge plenty for shipping because it is an over-sized item.

Also, I was watching the pinnacle detailing videos and I was curious why the guy started with an orange pad rather than started with a white pad. Is it just because pinnacle isn`t as strong than some other polishes? It seems like most people on this board say to start with the least aggressive combo and move up in severity.
    This may sound like gibberish to you, but I think I`m in a tragedy.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can find a good canopy at most sporting goods store in their tents section. I use Optimum products (polish and hyper-compound) because you can use them in the sun. Poorboys world polishes are also sun-friendly. I think it is wise to start from least agressive to most agressive, but for people who do it for a living, they save time by determining (through experience with that type of paint or car) which pad to use first .

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just about to post a question about polishing outside when I saw this thread already. I also don`t have a garage to work in, but my driveway is shaded and is an alright place to do my cars, or will have to do. I was wondering what people could recommend for lights for finding swirls when not working inside. I`m wanting to polish my silver flake paint, but find it tough to see the results outside. Any recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbird74
    I was just about to post a question about polishing outside when I saw this thread already. I also don`t have a garage to work in, but my driveway is shaded and is an alright place to do my cars, or will have to do. I was wondering what people could recommend for lights for finding swirls when not working inside. I`m wanting to polish my silver flake paint, but find it tough to see the results outside. Any recommendations?

Since you are outside the sun would work well. Also a Brinkman halogen will do the trick. Check out Amazon for Brinkmans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Optimum, ClearKote, Poorboys are all sun friendly.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I do get some shade under the canopy or a slight chance to get into the garage, how is the pinnacle line? Is it okay to start off with an orange pad with their line? I`d be using #3, #1 then there finishing glaze.

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry no experience with that line.

good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump, anyone else use the intermediate swirl removal?

Is it alright to start with an orange pad with this specific line?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lp2137
    Bump, anyone else use the intermediate swirl removal?

Is it alright to start with an orange pad with this specific line?
    Again, start with the white and then move to the orange if you are not getting the results. I think the XMT glaze is a waste of time, of course thats IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have another question about working in the sun. I use a canopy when needed but it is a real PITA. I am using Optimum products most of the time but even though I have been told that they are sun friendly I am still a little hesitant. What I need to know is if they are still sun friendly when it is 100 degrees? I know I could do the cars at a different time of the day but if noon is when people want their cars done that is when I am going to do them.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes you can. I`ve never had a problem and never use a canopy

Thread Information