Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I`m going to be detailing a buddy of mine`s truck this weekend and he said that he had this "Final Seal"put on the interior when he bought it new. I think that was about 2-3 years ago. This is probably similar to the Teflon coating that dealers offer you to go on the interior. My girls Scion has it and I`m pretty sure she was suckered into paying a bunch for it. Anyway, Could I do my normal upholstery cleaning on it and not worry about anything? Should I treat it as normal? I`m going to spot clean any large stains then extract with my Mytee Lite II.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ktorres1120
    Hello,

I`m going to be detailing a buddy of mine`s truck this weekend and he said that he had this "Final Seal"put on the interior when he bought it new. I think that was about 2-3 years ago. This is probably similar to the Teflon coating that dealers offer you to go on the interior. My girls Scion has it and I`m pretty sure she was suckered into paying a bunch for it. Anyway, Could I do my normal upholstery cleaning on it and not worry about anything? Should I treat it as normal? I`m going to spot clean any large stains then extract with my Mytee Lite II.

Treat it as normal. Teflon Seal is a joke since Teflon has to be applied using extremely high temperatures to have it bond, there is no way Teflon is on the interior. This is another example of Dealers ripping of unsuspecting customers.
    Lou K

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I figured it was a gimmick. Ok I`ll treat it as normal then. Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you`re mistaking Teflon for Scotchgard protectant or something of that nature. Dealers offer Scotchgarding for a hefty price of around $150. Two cans of it will do the entire car and cost you about $15. I`d recommend it since it keeps moisture and other stains from adhering to interior cloth/carpet fibers.

Thread Information