Post Thanks / Like
    Alright. I have a `99 Accord, and am looking to detail my car properly once I finish this semester at school.

It has a few scratches here, and there, with a few deep ones at certain spots. The two deep scratches (where it`s just solid white) are the only ones that I can think of. One is on the sideskirt, and the other is on the passenger side of the front lip. Those were the areas that I was going to use touch-up paint for. Other than that, there`s just minor surface scratches that aren`t visible until you get up close.

The only oxidation that is present is a small cloud above my passenger side door. I`m not sure how to combat that properly just yet.

I have a 6" random orbital buffer, so no worries about the elbow grease. The buffer came with a terrycloth, and wax applicator bonnet. I also purchased a polishing bonnet made out of lambs wool.

Anyways, I bought the Werkstat Acrylic Series Kit a while back, so how does this order of operations sound? WERKSTAT Detailing: Werkstat Products

Touch-up paint (allow to cure for a few days)

Satin Prot (interior)

Wash

Prep Clay

Polish

Acrylic Prime

Acrylic Jett Trigger

Acrylic Glos

Wash (again)

Wax

I need to decide on a polish (or polishes), and a wax. I`ve never used a polish before, and the only wax that I`ve really used is Meguiar`s NXT (original version), which I have had no problems with. Any recommendations, though?

Thoughts, or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dinnertime bump.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why wax?? Everything else seems fine...

Post Thanks / Like
    You`re wasting time and money with the wax. Werkstat looks great by itself and it`s very easy to freshen up with the AJT or Glos. The other comment I have is that Satin Prot is too glossy to use on interiors IMO. It`s great and I use it often on exterior trim, but I don`t care for the interior gloss. That is dependent on application, surface, and your preference. I`d try it out on a very small area first to see if you like it. The prime needs to be applied very thin or it can be difficult to remove. It you have high spots, use water or Glos to clean it up. There is an art to applying Werkstat and Klasse (similar products), but AJT makes it much easier. If you put to much of the Prime or AJT, it may look streaky at first. A coat of Glos should fix that. Again, don`t bother with the wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright, thanks for the advice.

What should I do about a polish, if any? Werkstat recommended using it between the Clay, and Prime stages for best results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on your paint and how damaged it is. You may need a polish and a compound. That`s really independent of the sealant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello

Also dont bother finishing up with a wash if you decide to ditch the wax idea.

It will make the applying Glos i fairly pointless procedure and will be totally unrequired anyway.

Geoff

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that the wax is unnecessary, but I really liked the look last year when I topped 2 layers of AJT with Natty`s Red on a black 911. I wasn`t going to bother as I figured it was unnecessary, but I got the opposite suggestion here to what you`re getting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wfedwar
    Depends on your paint and how damaged it is. You may need a polish and a compound. That`s really independent of the sealant.

I`ll see if I can get pictures up.

Quote Originally Posted by steelwind101
    Also dont bother finishing up with a wash if you decide to ditch the wax idea.

It will make the applying Glos i fairly pointless procedure and will be totally unrequired anyway.

Good to know. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless your car is solid black, I`d leave AJ Trigger untopped. Makes maintaining the finish a lot easier.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Unless your car is solid black, I`d leave AJ Trigger untopped. Makes maintaining the finish a lot easier.

Dark Emerald Pearl.

What do you mean by "untopped"?

Post Thanks / Like
    No carnauba.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright, one more thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Crono139
    What should I do about a polish, if any? Werkstat recommended using it between the Clay, and Prime stages for best results.

Post Thanks / Like
    add a 2nd layer of AJT and finish there should look superb

Thread Information