Post Thanks / Like
    I just picked mine up a few hours ago from Lowe`s and have been playing around the house w/ it - seems like a nice little machine.

I plan to do the cloth upholstery in my wife`s truck tomorrow and was wondering how you guys are using this? I`m guessing I`ll start w/ the small mf bonnet on the diffuser or maybe just using the diffuser itself steaming and wiping w/ a white terry towel behind as I go. What`s the best plan of attack on carpeting? Has anyone steamed their wheel wells?
    [quote name=`ptaylor_9849`] Black is not a color, it`s a part time job. Patrick[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a steam fast version... on carpets, I pre-soak with a shampoo, then use the triangle head with steam, then vaccum. Then I repeat as is necessary. On vinyl/plastic pieces, I just spray a little steam in an area only long enough to get it warm, then wipe off with a mf towel. I heven`t used it to clean wheel wells yet, but it has done an amazing job so far on the areas I`ve used it and leaves all the plastic pieces looking very clean. Well worth the $ IMO, good luck with it

Post Thanks / Like
    I used it to clean my rims and it did not work as well as I achieved with a regular car wash shampoo and a sponge. I did use it on my carpet floor mats (after I vacumned and applied a rug cleaner) and it did a decent job.

DG G35 Coupe -> 19s PIAA Super Rozza

Bats Overlays, 35% tint, Kuruma Z front Bumper Coming Soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Asad_A203
    I used it to clean my rims and it did not work as well as I achieved with a regular car wash shampoo and a sponge. I did use it on my carpet floor mats (after I vacumned and applied a rug cleaner) and it did a decent job.
    I agree! I too was a bit disappointed with how the steamer cleaned the wheels. I had to spray, brush and then steam - I do think it did a respectable job of cleaning the tires - but they got APC and a brush first too. Also, I think it did blast out the lug nut crevices nicely.

Bottom line - steam is not magic and won`t replace other conventional cleaning methods.

Thread Information