Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys,

I had an idea, thouhgt I would like to air out to see if anybody has tried doing it or something similiar. I was thinking about using a "tornador foam gun" to apply a ONR/water presoak mix to the panel, let dwell, then follow with normal two-bucket ONR wash. The Tornador is like a foam lance but connects to a compressed air gun. It seems that foam does a better job of encapsulating dirt and grime than a normal garden sprayer pre-soak (probably because the foam is pressurized). any thoughts on this? Below is the link to a youtube video of the tornador foam gun in action

YouTube - Tornador Foam Gun

thanks for the ideas!

Andrew
    "Treat every car as if it was your own"

-Every Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Ferrari Man
    Hey guys,

I had an idea, thouhgt I would like to air out to see if anybody has tried doing it or something similiar. I was thinking about using a "tornador foam gun" to apply a ONR/water presoak mix to the panel, let dwell, then follow with normal two-bucket ONR wash. The Tornador is like a foam lance but connects to a compressed air gun. It seems that foam does a better job of encapsulating dirt and grime than a normal garden sprayer pre-soak (probably because the foam is pressurized). any thoughts on this? Below is the link to a youtube video of the tornador foam gun in action

YouTube - Tornador Foam Gun

thanks for the ideas!

Andrew

First off, the tornardor foam gun is fantastic and it produces a lot of foam (I brought one for doin interiors.

The first problem I would see in using it with ONR is that I doubt that ONR will foam in the manner required for a pre-soak. I do believe in using ONR at QD strength as a pre-rinse though. But you never know unless you try.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a cool machine! Can the Gilmour also be used for interiors like that one does?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelde33
    That`s a cool machine! Can the Gilmour also be used for interiors like that one does?

I would never recommend that because this foam is more of a "Dry" foam.

The Gilmore uses water to "propel" it`s foam making it a wet foam. The Tornador uses air to "propel" the foam which makes it a "dry" foam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, well I could try it out, I feel that some of the agents shown in the video are not foam forming in nature, but with ONR it would be interesting to see... That of use the normal Tornador attachment with a mist...

Andrew
    "Treat every car as if it was your own"

-Every Detailer

Thread Information