Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Got a SHARK steam cleaner from Lowes tonight. It was on sale for 20% off so I got it out the door for like $85 including tax. I tried it out on my leather couch. It was like dirty water running off of it. Anyone have any tips for using it? For carpets do you just pretreat with say Folex and agitate it then steam it and blot it? On nasty interior do you spray an APC on it then steam it or just straight steam? Looking forward to using it on some cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal1
    Got a SHARK steam cleaner from Lowes tonight. It was on sale for 20% off so I got it out the door for like $85 including tax. I tried it out on my leather couch. It was like dirty water running off of it. Anyone have any tips for using it? For carpets do you just pretreat with say Folex and agitate it then steam it and blot it? On nasty interior do you spray an APC on it then steam it or just straight steam? Looking forward to using it on some cars.

pre-soak is good.

best to practice around the house first of all. it doesnt take long to pick up but it does take a while to get the mistakes out of your system - which will happen.

there are a lot of posts on this site about steamers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try wiping the leather with a terry cloth wrapped over the brush/nozzle. Just spraying the leather with steam will make a mess.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s it - off to Lowes for an early Father`s Day gift to my damn self!

Post Thanks / Like
    Which model is this?? Is it the Shark Steam Blaster?? I have been eyeing this up as well.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx
    Which model is this?? Is it the Shark Steam Blaster?? I have been eyeing this up as well.

This one

Hard Surface Steam Cleaner
    Just trying to keep my family`s cars clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug

wrd heading over there right now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Any chance you can get a pic of it in action?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dazzerjp
    pre-soak is good.

best to practice around the house first of all. it doesnt take long to pick up but it does take a while to get the mistakes out of your system - which will happen.

there are a lot of posts on this site about steamers.

Got mine last week (steamfast, not the shark), and it still hasn`t seen the inside (or outside, for that matter) of a car. I`ve been cleaning the whole house with it. Tile, grout, windows, sinks, leather couch. It`s amazing how well and fast this thing cleans. Be careful on meltable surfaces. It`ll warp wood floors, too, if you`re not careful.

Quote Originally Posted by ducktail
    Try wiping the leather with a terry cloth wrapped over the brush/nozzle. Just spraying the leather with steam will make a mess.

+1. Supposed to work really well on car upholstery, too.

Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug

Happy Father`s Day, JuneBug!
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I can`t wait to try it out on a car. Think i`m gonna try it out on some carpet and such.

Post Thanks / Like
    SuperBee: Why did you go with the Steamfast? Got a link to the one you bought?

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on one and am reasearching now. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Does steam continously dispense from this unit or only when the button on the handle is engaged?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mose
    SuperBee: Why did you go with the Steamfast? Got a link to the one you bought?

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on one and am reasearching now. Thanks!

I had been looking at the Steamfast for a while. It looks very comparable to the Shark, really. I got this one...Steam Fast SF-276 Professional Steam Cleaner New - eBay (item 160235171520 end time May-04-08 19:48:29 PDT). I don`t know if he has any more listed for sale, but he had the very best price I could find on that unit anywhere.

It`s also available from SteamFast SF-276 2-in-1 1500 Watt Garment Steamer and Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner :: Household Appliances :: OnlineWorld.com Wholesale Health and Nutritional Supplements for not alot more money.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCity
    Does steam continously dispense from this unit or only when the button on the handle is engaged?

Only when you push the button.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks bro!!! I bought an extractor last week and I think that a steamer would be the last thing I might "need" for a while....:chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm...can`t decide if I should get this Shark Steamer or a LBGM to help with interiors. I think they`d both have their place, just not sure which would make the biggest difference on interior cleaning.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information