Thread: The dail driver

Post Thanks / Like
    I only have one car and it sits outside 24/7. Now that I bring it to school, it sits under oak trees for a couple of weeks a time. I only get a chance to wash it when I go home so it only looks good for a few days a week. I`ve only tried removing swirls from the whole car two, maybe three times in the three years I`ve had it. Every time I do it, I spend hours and I can never get it perfect but I`m usually happy with the results. What frustrates me most is that it never stays that way. It gets swirled up again in a matter of couple months. The Honda paint is too soft. Now I just sort of polish the hood and the trunk of the car because the swirls are usually most visible there. The rest of the car has light swirling and I just sort of ignore them. The color is white so they don`t really show unless the car is in bright light. It really doesn`t look that bad, especially if I`m standing 5+ feet away. It actually looks better than most cars out there. But knowing the swirls are there really bugs me.

What do you guys do for your daily drivers? Especially when you don`t have the time to care for them?

Oh, and my car has Ultima Paint Guard on it right now and even though I like the look, the slickness slightly diminishes each wash. I have four coats on it now so I was wondering is there anything I can top it with that wouldn`t shorten the life of the Ultima? Natty`s? 4* UPP? Eagle 1 Nano spray wax? NXT booster? Meg`s 26? Those are the only lsps I have and I would rather not buy anymore. Opinions appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Back when I was leaving the Volvo outside 24/7 I just used a polish that does a little concealing (e.g. Autoglym SRP) and topped with Collinite 476S. Then I just didn`t worry about it.

White, that looks good from 5` away? I`d be cool with that.

I use UPP on the S8, it doesn`t last long enough for what you`re after. I`d buy some Collinite and spritz it with FK425 after each wash, but it`s easy for me to spend your money

When I was in college I once parked the good car, got a beater, and simply ran it through carwashes while I concentrated on my education...but I suppose that`s a bit extreme, at least to talk about *here*

Post Thanks / Like
    Glaze my man . RMG and a `nuba, reapply once a month, polish out once a year.

College is really rough on cars:bawling:. Mine was *perfect* when I moved down here, and 3 years later it`s torn up beyond repair.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Thread Information