Post Thanks / Like
    The instructions say to use a damp cloth. Do I just damp the applicator cloth with water and then dip it into the wax to apply on the car?

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tygger
    The instructions say to use a damp cloth. Do I just damp the applicator cloth with water and then dip it into the wax to apply on the car?

Yeah, that`s pretty much all there is too it.

Don`t get the applicator (I use a yellow foam one) *soaking* wet, just damp. I run water over it and then wring it out. You`ll have to repeat this now and then (some time I gotta find my MIA spray bottle full of distilled water...).

After you rub the applicator on the cake of wax, fold the applicator in half and rub its two halves together to distribute the wax evenly. Then try to scrape as much wax back *off* the applicator as possible (I use the edge of the can`s opening. You don`t need much wax on the applicator at all, just enough that it doesn`t "grab" too much when you move it across the paint. 476S doesn`t "glide" on the way some waxes do, but it will *sorta* do that.

Don`t put more wax on the applicator until it does start to grab instead of moving across the panels somewhat smoothly. Try for a thin application; you should just barely see the wax on the panels. But don`t overdo this to where you don`t get a uniform coat on there.

I sorta like applying it via machine, but that`s just me.

Let it dry until it will wipe off "clean and dry". If it smears it needs to dry longer.

Post Thanks / Like
    bringin this back from the dead, have you used a gold ccs pad to apply this? anyone? or a red ccs hand pad?

Post Thanks / Like
    Polishe&Waxed- I haven`t used either of those but I see no reason why they wouldn`t work great. It`s not all that applicator-sensitive a product.

The milder the applicator the less likely (*IMO*) that you`ll get the 476S pseudo-holograms, but those are almost always related to additional applications/layering anyhow.

Whatever pad helps you apply a uniform, thin layer oughta be fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Accumulator...IME, 476/885 must be put on very lightly/thinly or you will suffer taking it off. Very durable, but looks only ok.

Post Thanks / Like
    bringin this back from the dead, have you used a gold ccs pad to apply this? anyone? or a red ccs hand pad?

I use a microfiber pad I bought at Target. It may not be as good as the internet order brands (although I have yet to see a problem: see paragraph below), but when you`re on a budget... You can see it pictured on the lower right corner of the first picture.

Target Vrooms Bleeding Color - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

I`m not sure if this is best, but it`s worked for me thus far and I have yet to see any noticable marring. Anybody have a reason to think these wouldn`t be ideal?

Post Thanks / Like
    My5ABaby- Same ol` same ol` I`d CD-test it.

Waxes can work as lubricants so sometimes you`ll get away with using something that`s not all *that* gentle, but I`d rather err on the side of caution. Marring up something during the final waxing step would bug me something awful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    My5ABaby- Same ol` same ol` I`d CD-test it.

Waxes can work as lubricants so sometimes you`ll get away with using something that`s not all *that* gentle, but I`d rather err on the side of caution. Marring up something during the final waxing step would bug me something awful.

Good point about the CD test. I`ll do that next time I`m around the pad and update (if I remember).

Thread Information