Post Thanks / Like
    I tried posting in the long grout sponge thread on the next page but it said my post needed to be reviewed by a mod. Well, some time has passed so I`m just going to try this route.

I stated earlier in the grout spong thread that I noticed a few things about the Lowes Proline sponges:

I felt that the cheaper easy grip sponge was softer than the rectangular ones that detaildoc and bigal are repping. Perhaps this was limited to the batch at my local store?

But what really got my curiosity going was the Professional Cellulose sponge, which is the same price as the rectangular grout sponge (<$2). This one was by far the softest of all the Prolines, but I was too hesitant and unsure about it to make the purchase. Has anybody used this? Any reasons not to?

Post Thanks / Like
    BUMP!

10char

Post Thanks / Like
    that looks more like a type of sponge that you would use for cleaning countertops, stoves, etc. it looks to be heavier than the lighter/softer foam composition of the ones that we are talking about...

BTW, they keep the tile & grout sponge where the cleaning supplies are. i had to ask an employee for help to find them because they were not on the floor but on the top over-stock shelf in a brand new box at a different lowes i went to...

here`s the link with the item number, just in case you go in and can`t find them... Professional Tile & Grout Sponge

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve seen the one that everyone uses, but these Deluxe Cellulose ones were right next to the GS. And like I said before, it was very soft (softer than GS). Maybe I should just do the CD test right there in the store :p

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joebangaa
    I`ve seen the one that everyone uses, but these Deluxe Cellulose ones were right next to the GS. And like I said before, it was very soft (softer than GS). Maybe I should just do the CD test right there in the store :p

i don`t like any of the other GS/sponges that lowes carries other than the tile & grout sponge. try it out (deluxe cellulose) and if YOU like it, that`s all that matters...

Thread Information