Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Who actually has these brushes and are they truly worth the investment? I figure that I can do pretty decent jobs with my good ol` carpet & upholstery brushes and Woolite but am currently contemplating the purchase of these brushes.

So are they really worth it? Anyone have pictures of their results with these brushes as well?
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    They are great. I use them all the time and they do an excellent job. They save a lot of time and energy. You can get them at Top of the Line Auto Detailing Supplies. Chemical Guys also carry some other ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, forgot, Bob carries two of them also for less. Cyclo Soft Shampoo Brush

Post Thanks / Like
    CG one are bigger then the pc one you see one autogeek. I use the ones from autogeek. The green,light gray and white one. Specially the one for leather. I use that one on my family`s leather couches, G35 and my moms vans vinyl seats.
    Just trying to keep my family`s cars clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Denzil
    So are they really worth it? Anyone have pictures of their results with these brushes as well?
    YES! I use the Aqua Soft Carpet Brush with my PC and it saves me from having to scrub "manually". Put it this way... I ended up selling my Cyclo but there was no way these brushes were going with it

Here are some pictures of a Honda Pilot that I finished today. This was a beast... it had vomit all over the rear from their son who got car sick.

BEFORE

AFTER

And here is one of the mats that had some stains

All cleaned up -

The process was to vacuum, spray down the mat with Meg`s APC+ 4:1, rubbed it into the stain, let dwell for a few minutes, used the PC/brush to make one slow pass on the mat (up/down/side to side = 1 pass for this), rinse the mat out with the a steady stream of water from the hose to flush everything out of it, hung to dry, and then vacuumed one more time. Then I made the nifty lines because this customer likes them

Now, could I have acheived the same results without the brush/PC? Probably so... but I would have needed to rip the right arm sleeve off of my shirt when finished to get it off.

Post Thanks / Like
    They make fast and easy work for mats because you can clean it outside and not have to worry about splatter. For the interior, they also help but some areas still need to be done by hand because you can`t get to it via PC and also you have to be more careful about how fast you use it to prevent not only splatter, but also to be more gentle on the less durable carpets used on the interior (compared to the mats).

For auto detailing related use, you really only need the aqua colored brush. I have all 4. Black is way too stiff, I used this to clean grout. White and Aqua are almost interchangeable, with Aqua being just a tad less stiff, which is why I recommend aqua over white. Gray is super soft and I`ve used it to clean and condition leather in one step, but for me wasn`t a time saver, the results weren`t necessarily any better, and if used too fast you have to deal with splatter.

These aren`t extraordinary results as I used Folex as a spot-treatmeant, Meg APC+ + OxiClean as a shampoo, and "extracted" with an LGCM, but it gives you an idea. The same results can be achieved by hand, it would have just involved a bit more work. Pardon my crappy lines. I can never get them to be even and straight, so I just don`t bother anymore

Before:

After:

Post Thanks / Like
    detaildoc, thanks for the links! Much appreciated.

Scott, those are definitely some amazing results!!! Thank you for sharing your cleaning process as well, it really helped. I`m curious though, what PC speed did you use with the brush attachment?

BlackElantraGT, I bring the same question to you. What PC speed do you use with the brush attachment? Oh by the way, are there any other uses for the other brushes besides the ones you mentioned. Even though you say the aqua is all I need, I have a feeling I just might have some other uses for the other brushes but I`m not quite sure what else they can be used for.

All in all, I`m definitely going to get a brush or possibly set of brushes but not sure just yet. At least I`m going to get the aqua one for sure. I`m definitely love the idea of saving time with this tool, hehe.
    Devil Pad

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Denzil
    Scott, those are definitely some amazing results!!! Thank you for sharing your cleaning process as well, it really helped. I`m curious though, what PC speed did you use with the brush attachment?
    Thank you! I usually end up using the PC on speed 6. I notice that most of the time any of the slower speeds the brush just jiggles a bit and doesn`t spin. I also don`t use any and sometimes have to lift up of the PC so it can spin nicely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Which carpet brush do you use to make those lines?

Post Thanks / Like
    The Bissell Little Green Cleaning Machine or SpotBot are what make those carpet lines.
    Devil Pad

Post Thanks / Like
    To make the lines I just use my wet/dry vac with the attachment that is the width of the line. I eyeball the width of the line to skip and continue on... :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Just thought I`d update everyone on where you can get these for the cheapest based on my search results. Properautocare.com has them for $14.95 each or $39.95 for the set (grey, white, turquoise).

I still haven`t purchased them just yet. I`m still thinking if I`m just going to go with the turquoise one or just might as well go for the set...
    Devil Pad

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only bought the carpet and leather ones, I couldn`t think of a use for the other one. TOTL will price match and they are cheap on shipping.

You can also use them to dry brush while you vacuum. Makes for some very fast vacuuming, son!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m guessing the only way they`ll price match is if I call the order in? I was contemplating the price match via online by leaving a note in the Additional Comments section.
    Devil Pad

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I just found me something new to buy....carpet brushes....I guess they aren`t just hype after all, nice results with that interior...you sold me on the brushes with those pictures!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information