Post Thanks / Like
    After washing my truck this week, I figured that I`d perform my spring time clay bar process to remove the last of the winter residue. I retrieved my clay, than discovered that I was out of QD. Suddenly, I noticed the brand new bottle of Aquawax sitting on the shelf. I bought this last fall due to all of the hype here, but hadn`t had a chance to try it. I am typically a Zaino user, but the Aquawax sounded very impressive.

Having never used AW before, I was unsure what it was like, so I sprayed a small test spot. I was really impressed by the results, and decided that I would try out a small section with clay.

WOW - Call me nuts, but this stuff seems like the ultimate surface lubricant for clay! The real beauty was that besides the usual smooth surface that I come to expect, the results were exceptionally slick and deep! An hour later, me entire truck was clayed and slick, including the wheels. I plan to still apply my usual Zaino in a few weeks, but I am so impressed by the results, I have decided to let it go for a bit to test durability.

I am now officially an Aquawax believer, and I think that I will probably use it whenever I clay again in the future. Next week, the wife`s car!

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you notice swirling or scratches?

Was the clay still good after use?

This is a crazy idea, but congrats if you`ve discovered a way to cut time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m pretty sure that AW doesn`t have the lube properties needed for claying... sounds risky

Post Thanks / Like
    That is awesome it worked out for you, but Duragloss` Aquawax is not a lube suitable for claying a vehicle, shouldn`t be recommended.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorCity
    I`m pretty sure that AW doesn`t have the lube properties needed for claying... sounds risky

Quote Originally Posted by MakitaNinja
    That is awesome it worked out for you, but Duragloss` Aquawax is not a lube suitable for claying a vehicle, shouldn`t be recommended.

Based on what? It`s a product designed to be applied during drying that leaves a slick finish, what makes that incompatible with claying? It sure would be a lot more expensive than claying during the wash the way I do, but that doesn`t mean it won`t work. Some respected pro detailers on here advocate claying with plain water, if that`s ok how can AW be bad?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know who recommends using water as a lubricant, but respect whoever you wish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, if you want to clay and wax in one step i never heard of doing it with AW, HOWEVER i have done it and seen it done on the forums of OPTIMUM with OCW. I did not notice any marring, it just seemed expensive.

If you have 1 gallon of lube then you might as well use that and save the AW or OCW for a quick spray wax afterwards, only takes a second!

WATER AS LUBE: As far as i know there is only one clay that is recommened to be used with water and that is avalible in the United Kingdom "BILT HAMBER". I presume its slightly different to "normal" clays in that it contains something that helps it slide better. Either that or it releases some of its lube when its moist.

Geoff

Thread Information