Thread: Black CTS

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, it took me frickin 9 hours. this is the 1st real detail I have ever done outside of my own cars or family members. Now I see why you guys charge so much. I`m sore and I`m tired and need to figure something to make it go a little smoother or quicker. Def need to find a good AIO.

-Interior vac, leather treated, dash&doors

-wheels and tires w-Eagle One and I hit the wheels w-some spray wax.

-washed with DG#901

-clayed in the garage

-Intensive polish w-5.5 Orange pads

-Final Polish with white pads

-NXT 2.0 by hand

-glass with Stoners

Seriously at some point during the day I was thinking I`d be ok if I never did this again. I surely don`t want to lose this passion for car-care so I`ll be looking for advice, tips, and general ways to get better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dublifecrisis
    This is the 1st real detail I have ever done outside of my own cars or family members.

Seriously at some point during the day I was thinking I`d be ok if I never did this again. I surely don`t want to lose this passion for car-care so I`ll be looking for advice, tips, and general ways to get better.

It IS ok for you to not have a passion for doing cars other than yours or family, if you don`t want to do it for money keep the passion for your own car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work on the Caddy! I cringe when I see nice cars in need of a polish, but I have so little time to spend on my own that I don`t do cars for others. If you have family commitments or other time constraints it will be difficult to detail cars on the side. If you do continue you will get quicker with more experience.

Again, great job on the CTS.
    Lenny

"Still plays with cars."
    `10 Mercedes GL550/`04 BMW 545/`98 Mercedes ML320/`99 BMW 323/`87 VW GTI (race)

Post Thanks / Like
    For me, it is something that has really grown on me and I`ve just become used to it. I remember when I first learned the proper way to wash without marring. What? An hour to wash? Every single week? Now it is just expected and a routine that I am used to.

Nice work on the caddy. What did you use for the finishing polish?

Post Thanks / Like
    nice job...

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow looks great! Getting sucked into this hobby can really take a toll on your wallet, so if you aren`t crazy about it then it will be easier to resist the temptation to buy EVERYTHING!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dublifecrisis

We all feel that during at least one of our details. It gets better once you start perfecting your skills and optimizing your time. Great job.

Post Thanks / Like
    For me starting a job can sometimes suck. I start thinking of how much work I have to do (especially with some cars that aren`t taken care of well) and get kinda depressed.

If you have a stereo in your garage, throw some tunes on! Another thing I usually have on hand is a cold beer. Those two things help bring the pressure down for me. Always keep your eye on the prize I guess too.
    Brad

1998 Civic Si - black - the gas pumps don`t hurt as bad!

Thread Information