Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Well after Chris of Eshine.ca took all of my money the snow has melted and I have a weekend to myself it`s time to get busy. This will be my first correction with a rotary also my first time using the Edge pads.

My Purchases.

My task is my wifes 2001 Pontiac Grand Am GT. I did a bit of correction on it last year with my PC and some PB SSR2.5 and it looked pretty good but after a winters worth of drive through car washes it`s swirled worst than ever.

Plan of attack.

Clay the heck out of the car

SIP with the Green Edge Pad.

106 with the Blue Edge Pad

Poli-Seal with the White

Victoria Wax

Good... Bad... Thoughts??

I`m still pretty new at this I`m planning on taking it slow with the rotary ( speed wise ) and after reading everything about them I feel pretty safe now.

I`ll post up pictures tomorrow as I finish sections.

Simon
    You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, `Wow, you`re right! I never would`ve thought of that!`

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not a rotary user, but I really don`t understand why you`re wasting time with poli-seal after the 106. 106 finishes down great from what I understand so you should be able to go straight to victoria wax. Plus the white pad is stiffer than the blue, so you wouldn`t want to use white after the blue.

Just my $.02

Dur...nevermind about the pads, I`m thinking of LC pads and realize you`re using edge pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Poli-Seal topped by Victoria will work just fine.
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a pretty good plan to me. Be careful with the rotary considering it`s your first time. I still haven`t gotten the confidence to try one. GOod luck and report back with the results.

btw..the company I work for has a division at Niagara on the lake...I`m usually there once a year. Nice place!

Post Thanks / Like
    Apply poliseal with your PC. Dont even bother trying to apply poliseal with a rotary it doesn`t work too well and being your first time it is a recipe for disaster.

Use the white pad with 106FF instead on the rotary.

Then finish with poliseal on the softest pad on your PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TTWAGN
    Apply poliseal with your PC. Dont even bother trying to apply poliseal with a rotary it doesn`t work too well and being your first time it is a recipe for disaster.

Use the white pad with 106FF instead on the rotary.

Then finish with poliseal on the softest pad on your PC.

I forgot to write that up but yes I was planning on using my PC for the poliseal.

Should I start with white for the 106FF and then if it`s not cutting try the blue?
    You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, `Wow, you`re right! I never would`ve thought of that!`

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I`ve got half the hood finished so I decided to stop for some breakfast and post up my progress.

Thoughts:

8" Pads are much harder to control than the 6". I started with the blue 8" and it pulled me all over the place, it got better once I remembered to hold the side of the handle not the top but still it`s dragged me around. I changed to a green 6" pad for the 2nd half of the hood and it was much easier.

Rotary is not as scary as people make it out to be I love the control that you can get and the speed... well you can`t argue with the speed. It`s strange to be using the lowest speed settings I haven`t gone above 1200RPM so far compared to the PC when your spend all day at 6.

Half the hood after 2 passes of SIP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow....looks good. How long did those 2 passes take you compared to the PC?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleanGSR
    Wow....looks good. How long did those 2 passes take you compared to the PC?

That side of the hood took maybe 10mins. It`s at least 50% faster if not more.

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks much better already.....:xyxthumbs

I hope your days of drive thru car washes are over with........

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1
    That looks much better already.....:xyxthumbs

I hope your days of drive thru car washes are over with........

My days never started but my wife well she gets one with just about every fill up in the winter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking very good. Your choice of products/pads, along with what looks to be some pretty good rotary skills, should give you a fantastic finish. It sure looks nice so far.

More pics!!!

Anxious to hear what you think of those Edge waffle pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok after 6 hours of work the car is 95% finished. I need to do the rear bumper again but my back won`t let me do it right now. I`m thrilled with the way the car turned out the combination of product and pads worked so well together. I really like the Victoria wax my neighbor had to come over and see what I was doing putting the wax on by hand. Full shots will have to wait due to rain at the moment but I hope to get them done on Monday when the sun is supposed to shine again. For a 7 year old white car the paint is glowing and oh so wet. Defiantly the best work I`ve do to date.

Here are two pictures of the hood finished.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    Looking very good. Your choice of products/pads, along with what looks to be some pretty good rotary skills, should give you a fantastic finish. It sure looks nice so far.

More pics!!!

Anxious to hear what you think of those Edge waffle pads.

Thanks! I like the waffle pads for the confidence booster that they won`t heat up as much while I`m learning the rotary. When I tried a normal pad it pulled around much more than the waffle so for now I`ll stick with them until my skills increase. Overall I think the edge pads are on par with the lake country that I used last year I do like the ease of flipping the pad over rather than having to remove the pad and replace it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White_07_G6_GT
    Ok after 6 hours of work the car is 95% finished. I need to do the rear bumper again but my back won`t let me do it right now. I`m thrilled with the way the car turned out the combination of product and pads worked so well together. I really like the Victoria wax my neighbor had to come over and see what I was doing putting the wax on by hand. Full shots will have to wait due to rain at the moment but I hope to get them done on Monday when the sun is supposed to shine again. For a 7 year old white car the paint is glowing and oh so wet. Defiantly the best work I`ve do to date.

Here are two pictures of the hood finished.

Stunning. Absolutely stunning. Truly looks to be *flawless*. The clarity of the halogen reflections speaks volumes...correction looks perfect, and that reflection shot shows amazing gloss.

That is really something to be proud of. Hope you`ll do a complete click-n-brag when you`re done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information