Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
I`m using stuff from the above web site, and I`ve had good success so far, although I`m going to be changing to some different filters...

The G104 double cartridge filter setup from this page, Garden Hose Filters

Looks like this:

Now add at least one of the FC006 Mixed Bed Deionizing filters from this page, Filter Cartridge Quick Order Chart and you have your own CRSpotless type setup for a whole bunch less cash.

The twin cartridge filter holder is 55 bucks, and the filter cartridges themselves are 27 bucks each. So for 99 bucks you have a system that should perform just darn near as good as a 389 dollar CRSpotless system. Just make sure that you get the FC006 Deionizing cartridges, and *NOT* the water softening cartridges lower on that page.

The one thing missing from this setup that is included with the CRSpotless is a Total Desolved Solids (TDS) gauge that will help you tell when to replace the cartridges. You can buy a cheap TDS gauge seperately, or I guess you could always just replace the cartridges when you start getting water spots. Edit: the filters will change color when they are depleted. Guess you don`t need a TDS after all.

Anyway, I`m going to be getting some of those FC006 cartridges soon to see if they really do work as well as I hope they will. I`ve been using the regular water softening filters and haven`t been very happy with them.

Good bunch of information here.. I wonder how well this alternative setup will work? It`s a great deal cheaper than the CR Spotless system and appears to be relatively the same thing. I`d like to try no touch washing at home but a water de-ionizer almost seems like a must. I don`t know what I`d do with this stuff if I got it and it didn`t leave the car spotless though :sadwavey: