Post Thanks / Like
    Heya,

While its on my mind, I have NXT 2.0 sitting on a car right now about to take it off. I was curious what the proper amount actually was. I know too much doesn`t hurt just makes removal harder, but I seem to have better results putting it on a little bit thicker than going with the ever so thin, only way to tell in some spots that its on is to rub your finger across a spot and *then* you see there is a shinier undercoat...

Could any of you , or maybe several, post some pictures of NXT 2.0 applications? I know you probably don`t take pictures of NXT 2.0 on a car, but you never know. I`d like to physically see the liquid from multiple angles applied. Even if its just a panel.

Also, when applying thin it is just very hard to see where it is and isn`t applied on my color vehicle. Even in direct sunlight (I don`t apply in sunlight) but have moved it out just to see..

I have halogens, and florescent, it just blends in with the paint color (silver/champagne).

Tips?

Also,.. I washed with a concoction of mine to remove all LSP buildup,.. then applied DWG, and now have NXT 2.0 on there. After removal of NXT 2.0 I plan on applying DWG again for the final layer.

A) It will work correct? I assume the NXT 2.0 after removal might have removed a bit of the DWG from before so the second layer is insurance..

I applied the first layer of DWG with UDM with Gray pad at about 3000 rpms... This was even lighter coated than NXT 2.0 -- VERY hard to tell it was even on the car. This doesn`t seem quite right to me. So I am going to apply it by *hand* after NXT 2.0 removal.

Given applying by hand,..

1) What applicator would work best? Foam pad, or Microfiber Applicator square?

2) Think I should go a bit thicker than I did with the UDM , aka: should I be able to tell its on the car fairly easily?

3) How much should I work it in when applying it..

Example: I put some on a foam pad,.. I put foam pad on hood (like I`m applying a wax -- I rub it in like a wax, but with this should I `work into paint` by just rubbing the same spot 3 times instead of just the one like I do with a wax?

--Maybe I`m doing this right, and all is good -- But I just want it to be properly applied to give it a fair shot at what it can do for the finish. As it stands, before the NXT 2.0 -- I could sort of tell it was on the car, but it wasn`t just like WOW .. or even, thats quite a difference. Which makes me question the Machine application and further the thickness of which it was applied.

Thanks for any and all answers to some or all of this question loaded post. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Neo,

In general, you are better off applying 2 thin coats of wax/sealant than one thick application. I agree, sometimes it is hard to the wax if applied very thin. I usually apply it by hand and i highly doubt you need to `work it` really hard to be effective.

In my experience with NXT 2.0, if i apply it thick, i get some sort of smearing that is hard to get off and wait a bit longer for it to dry properly. I am not sure if NXT 2.0 has enough `cleaners` in it that could potentially remove or diminish anything under it.
    Kent

2002 530i Sterling Grau

1992 525i Schwarz

Post Thanks / Like
    I know too much doesn`t hurt just makes removal harder.

As mentioned above it can make some difficult to remove smearing/odd marks when viewed in the sun. I agree 1000% to go thin, and if time permits, two thin coats. You are not doing yourself any favors by glopping it on the surface.

Post Thanks / Like
    let the NXT cure overnight, if you can, before doing another coat of DWG or NXT
    Calvin

`05 Mustang GT

`09 Xterra

Post Thanks / Like
    I did and am.

The NXT 2.0 is off and the car looks good of course. In the garage I can`t tell any DWG was applied.

But I went out for a little while in the sun yesterday and the sun was blinding on the car. If I looked at the hood it would quite literally be too much and I had to look away. --I was like ouch.

Then driving around I noticed another thing, little flickers of sun reflections like off the bottoms of my side mirrors (The paint housing not the mirror itself) would catch my eye in a quick pattern like someone was flashing me with sunlight off a reflective mirror.

Heh, I know that isn`t the NXT,.. so I guess DWG plays with light mostly,.. or at least in my case.

Nonetheless, I intend on putting a second layer of DWG by hand today on the car today.

If any of you could answer those questions about DWG application that would be helpful before I do.

Thanks,

Thread Information