Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, whats all your opinions as far as the turtle wax ice products go?
    2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel - DD/Tow rig

1983 Chevy C10 - Race/Show rig

1939 Dodge D11 Luxury Liner Deluxe - Antique resto. project

Post Thanks / Like
    theres already been a giant thread on this, but ill give my opinion anyway.

i found the only product useful is the car wash. it smells nice, foams up nicely and got the job done, but im sure theres better products out there.

the spray detailer i thought blew. it didnt come off very easy, and was pretty greasy to the touch.

the ice "polish" i found was useless too. it wasnt a wax... yet wasnt a polish... it seemed to be just a liquid you rubbed on your car. i saw no benefit when using it.
    2002.5 mazda Protege5:heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a review on all the ICE stuff here, I liked most of it.

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/...Turtle+Wax+ICE
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    interesting. i see your point as the ice clay used as a paint cleaner.. that could be pretty useful. because im thinking if want to redo the sealant job on my car, rather than claying it again, or breaking out the dawn soap (which i really would never want to do) i could just use it like a pre wax cleaner... pretty cool
    2002.5 mazda Protege5:heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    The Ice wash worked out good, the polish is good ,but doesnt last that long. Over all I would buy them again.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve seen the ice wax on a couple of vehicles. It seemed to give the paint a odd dull look. There was no clarity in it at all. But it was actually an improvement since the people using it were once a year waxers.

I also noticed that it seemed to bead water for 2-3 months.

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally really like the detailer. As opposed to Meguiar`s Ultimate Quick Detailer, this one wiped the dust of the car very easily, while UQD sometimes left behind some of the dust. I also love the smell of it. I am going to use the ICE detailer from now on.

As for the polish, it`s actually a wax. I`ve seen great results with it and it is very easy to use. It also cuts down on the time you have to wax. What`s best about it is that it doesn`t leave ANY residue and you can use it on vinyl.

I can`t account for the car wash or the liquid clay bar. It has worked for some people, and for some it didn`t even remove tree sap, etc. I`m betting the results you can get with it depends on the kind of paint on the car, since it works for some and it doesn`t for others.

Overall, I really like ICE even though it doesn`t last more than about 2 weeks. It`s convenient for me since I like detailing and doing stuff to cars frequently so I can live with the durability of the polish. Plus, if you get the liquid polish, you can really get a lot out of it since you don`t use much to polish a whole car. You can probably top it off with your favorite wax like NXT. Of course a lot of people on here are biased and will turn it down because they order their good products online and there will always be something better, it`s just a matter of preference and situation. the ICE line is a very good OTC product for people who don`t want to spend as much time waxing or who don`t want to wait until the products they ordered online arrive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon1

That was a great thread... Seems like Brandon always gives good, very comprehensive product reviews.:xyxthumbs BTW, that 4Runner looked *awesome*... great turnaround.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon1

How did you get them to ship you products to test?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a black camaro and I think the ICE spray detailer looks great on it. My driveway is not shaded and Texas summers are very hot (over 90 by 9am and still upper 90s at 10 pm) making it hard to get the car fully washed, dried, etc. without some spotting/streaking. The detailing spray is super fast and easy, and really helps give a finished look to a regular weekly wash. This morning while using it, I noticed that it smells a little like the stainless steel cleaner I use on my kitchen appliances. I gave it a try and its awesome!!! As much as i rubbed and buffed with the regular stuff, I could never get rid of all the streaks. I used the ICE on all stainless steel, black plastic, black painted metal, and black glass in my kitchen. It`s really shiny and there`s not a streak in sight! Sitting 20 feet away, I can see myself in the black glass on the front of my oven. Also, it really brightened up those areas of the refrigerator handles that get dull from lots of use.

As far as the glass issue-

If I buff it immediately its fine. Letting spray droplets sit on the glass without buffing seems to be what makes the ugly mess that`s hard to remove.

Post Thanks / Like
    i use the car wash and i think its a good product i used to use the zaino and adams washes but it gets tireding ordering stuff all the time so i wanted to find something good that was otc.

it cleans good and gets foamy so i like it.

i also like the detail spray it cleans good and i did a back to back with the megs ud spray and i liked the ice better.

the quick wax is good instead of useing a qd after a good wash i can use the spray wax on everything like the glass and trim and it comes out good i dont know how long it last if any but it makes the car look good and fresh.

the tire shine is kind of greasey to me and smells like cantalope(ok some days others i can puke from theat smell lol) but i got it from big lots for 2 bucks so its not that big of a deal if i dont use it but its not the worst i have used.

Thread Information