Post Thanks / Like
    Before i even start reading any informtion in this forum i thought Meguiars was the very best on car care products, at least from the options i can get in Mexico , but now i`ve seen a bunch of brands and products you all use and now i`m not sure if i want to stick to Meg`s products anymore ...

i need your advise on what products to get for a newbie arsenal .... (now that i have someone who can buy the stuff for me in the states) ...

saludos !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    anyone ???

appreciate your help.

Salu2

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, wow... that`s a pretty tall order to fill. I think you have`t gotten any responses because it`s so hard to tell you where to start. There are sooooo many product lines, all of them filled with good/bad things. The best advice I could give you would be to just start reading and form your own opinions. You`ll find opinions on just about every car care product on the market here in the thousands of Autopia pages. Asking to summarize that here in one post just isn`t possible. Besides, without knowing exactly what it is you want to do, makes it very hard to recommend any products.

Best advice: make a fresh pot of coffee and start reading.

Post Thanks / Like
    Completely agree with SuperBee on this one. There are so many products and so many opinions that your head would be spinning if everyone started firing off their opinions.

You may want to start off in the Reviews section first. Or just start reading the new posts on the various products and ask questions.

Don`t worry though, you`ll figure it out. I know I have amassed a fair amount of product over the last seven years since I found Autopia. I`ve learned what I like, don`t like and what I want to try in the future.

Enjoy the journey!

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^what the others said.

theres way too much speculation, bias and opinion so with that being said grab some caffeine and read till your eyes burn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Being that you`re in Mexico, I take it that there isn`t much competition for detailing cars down there in your area? You should take advantage of that and make decent profits once you have done and continue your research here at Autopia.

Good luck in your search for your product arsenal. The only way to know if a product`s good or not is to try it yourself. There are some Autopians that are willing to send samples of compounds/polishes/glazes/sealants/waxes as long as you cover them for costs and what not.

Enjoy!
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    oh well ... i knew that this was a though one, but just wanted to get an idea of some basic products to look at.

As *Denzil* said, there are not that much competition going on in my area, so i`d better star saving some D`s and order some products over the net ...

thanks to all for the time ... !!!

saludos !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean. I was familiar with products such as zaino and meguiars, but there are so many its unbelievable. I ordered the tropi-care kit, which came with a lot of different products, I am seeing what works and what doesn`t and then replacing them with other products. Do some searching and you will see what people have to say. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep in mind you can still get some pretty good results with Meg`s products. Perhaps you should start with their lineup since they seem to be readily available to you.
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely there is nothing wrong with Meguieres products, I can make a car inside and out look great with nothing but Megs. Occaisionally someone will boldy say it isn`t what you use but how you use it. Then everyone will come back and say, BS! -- Both are true, imo.

There are superior products in ever category, but most of them get the job done reasonably.

There are meguiers products I use (not that I`m some great experienced autopian..) -- But I`ve done alot of reading and experimenting in a short period of time.

This would work better if you started with say, what you do use.. and what results you get out of it (maybe what you wish you could get) -- and what maybe you`ve seen that you don`t know how is done.

I`ll give you a little tip,.. Polishing is something I never thought I`d do in my life until I came here, and it makes all the difference in the world on paint. From there its adding a little something (if you want) then sealing it.

I`ll fire off some products I use anyway --

From Meguiers I use their NXT 2.0 Sealant/Wax (Its a sealant and a wax in one..) -- Its the 2nd version of their NXT wax, you might only have NXT around you, not sure.

I also use their quick detailer,.. I have it, and nothing wrong with.

Now I have used their interior cleaner/detailer and I have to say its junk.

I have used their Tire Gel -- I will say this, it works. It lasts a LONG time if you apply several layers of it. So I can see some people liking this product, but I don`t like the consistency of the gel and the application. It takes (for me) too much of it for it to be durable which then causes it to sling. Proper application doesn`t allow for the look I want. (But to give you an example, I had several applications of the tire gel on, and I washed my car with a very harsh compound to remove LSP`s.. I went over the tires twice (nothing rough, just a scrub) -- And they still look like they have (well they do I`m sure) tire dressing on them. It soaks in. *This doesn`t bother me, just sort of impressive.

While I`m on tire dressing. I have ended up with a product called `Optimum Tire Shine` it comes in a spray bottle, and it works very well.

The Optimum line of products is a good one to research.

For me to go on with everything I have would be a waste of both our time _- So I will just list some good product brands you should look into , if your looking for alternative `top of the line` companies to research.

Menzerna

Optimum

Pinnacle

Danase

Klaisse

Zaino

Thats half a dozen.. there are more where that came from but look at those 6 and see what you find.

Thread Information