Post Thanks / Like
    I`m picking up my new Trail Blazer SS next week. The seats are leather with a suede center down the back and on the bottom. I use Zaino for all my detailing. Whats the best way to keep the suede looking great. ive never delt with suede before. Can i use the z-9 and z-10 on it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t be of any help, but nice choice of vehicle :xyxthumbs I know Dylan has a TBSS, though. Not sure if they all come with the suede piece, but may want to send him a PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have yet to see suede on an interior unless it has been especially ordered. The areas are usually fabric (something like buffalo or alcantara) and should be cleaned as such.

Generally speaking usea water based foam leather cleaner followed by a leather protector on the leather areas. NO need to use a `conditioner` this is not needed.

If the areas are suede (the first) then they will need very careful maintenance as they will mark at any touch and absorb anything that is spilt on them. They will need a very good `waterstop`protector and cleaning on a very regular basis (every week) with a nubuck cloth and napping brush. Do not use anything wet as a) this will not clean them and b) it is liable to water marking.

Caution: If you do this process to a fabric you will destroy it so make sure you check out the whole thing before you start.

Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by judyb
    We have yet to see suede on an interior unless it has been especially ordered. The areas are usually fabric (something like buffalo or alcantara) and should be cleaned as such.

Generally speaking usea water based foam leather cleaner followed by a leather protector on the leather areas. NO need to use a `conditioner` this is not needed.

If the areas are suede (the first) then they will need very careful maintenance as they will mark at any touch and absorb anything that is spilt on them. They will need a very good `waterstop`protector and cleaning on a very regular basis (every week) with a nubuck cloth and napping brush. Do not use anything wet as a) this will not clean them and b) it is liable to water marking.

Caution: If you do this process to a fabric you will destroy it so make sure you check out the whole thing before you start.

Hope this helps

Yup, I was thinking it is alcantara as well. Judy, you leather related advice is top notch.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by judyb

Being a GM product then I hardly doubt its real suede. So what would be a good water based foam leather cleaner?

Post Thanks / Like
    im pretty sure its alcantara.

Thread Information