Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What is DWG

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    Ummm...just checked the CG website....seems to have changed!...I was sure it said (formerly) it corrects light scratches and swirls, like Obsessive Detail`s site. :think:

Polishes & Swirl Removers

I only looked at it last week and the page contents and colour has changed. Either that, or I better not drink whisky while on Autopia.

Nahhh dont give up the whiskey

Post Thanks / Like
    Under the present developments, I think I`ll have some more!

I`ll keep you posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a bottle of Danase`s original product called Chemical Guys Danase Speed Glaze w/ acrylic shine ll. This was later renamed to Danase Wet Glaze. In the description on the bottle it says "Speed Glaze is a fast acting paint restorer with supra light cleaner to remove light marks and ultra-fine scratches."

I think that the confusion by the users has been caused by inconsistent labeling and changing descriptions on the Chemical Guys website. That said if cleaners are present I have never seen evidence they were capable of removing anything. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    at one time you could only get it by the gallon from chemical guys. The average hobbiest like me would not be able to use an entire gallon in a lifetime.
    Calvin

`05 Mustang GT

`09 Xterra

Post Thanks / Like
    I have this on the way to me --

I`m so confused about when to apply it, given the sealant/wax going after it.

Should it go on before the NXT 2.0?

After the NXT 2.0?

Or before and after?

I`ve heard layering helps -- But is NXT 2.0 a cleaner? If so would that destroy the prior application? If the DWG is a cleaner it doesn`t seem you win either way

Little clarification would be nice

Post Thanks / Like
    Emailed Bob @ Danase about it last night. Got his reply.

Whatever the labels/site says, Bob insists it starts off as EZ Creme base but has no cleaners. :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    Ummm...just checked the CG website....seems to have changed!...I was sure it said (formerly) it corrects light scratches and swirls, like Obsessive Detail`s site. :think:

Polishes & Swirl Removers

I only looked at it last week and the page contents and colour has changed. Either that, or I better not drink whisky while on Autopia.

Danase said it contains a bit of fillers, so it will help hide and "correct" the light scratches n swirls. Never a mention of having abrasives at all. same goes for the CG and OD version.

and OD has confirmed it does not have cleaners too.

so I would say OD is similar to DWG.

CG EZ has a bit of cleaner. Sonny from CG advised by email over the weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK......soooo, OD and DWG have no cleaners.

The old EZ Creme had cleaners, the new one doesn`t (according to their site).

According to Bob DWG doesn`t have good filling characteristics so won`t *correct* paint. But OD will correct via filling.

Have I got it about right? Confused? :nervous2:

Post Thanks / Like
    all 3 glazes are so called a special new type of glaze which concentrates more on creating the wet look rather than filling (as opposed to the traditional glazes) . in saying that all 3 have very minimal fillers from the manufacturer/sellers` replies.

from the replies I have gotten from them,

sounds like dwg is similar to od glaze. Both are not oil based, do not have cleaners, and have minimal filler ability. (but who knows they might have requested for something special or extra in their own formula perhaps ? )

as for CG glaze, others in other forums have said that Paul told them it no longer contains cleaners, but Sonny(also from CG) told me last week that the ez creme glaze still has cleaners but very very minimal(contradicting). so that`s why I didn`t end up getting the CG glaze.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neofate
    I have this on the way to me --

I`m so confused about when to apply it, given the sealant/wax going after it.

Should it go on before the NXT 2.0?

After the NXT 2.0?

Or before and after?

I`ve heard layering helps -- But is NXT 2.0 a cleaner? If so would that destroy the prior application? If the DWG is a cleaner it doesn`t seem you win either way

Little clarification would be nice

Interesting on the fillers, -- Any help on the application technique? -- I`ve heard both ways, want to get your autopian opinions.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use DWG a lot but don`t notice any fillers. It certainly glosses up the paint but doesn`t cover up any light scratches that I can see...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information