Post Thanks / Like
    My camera broke so I used my phone

Anyways... everything by PC. Hood got Danase SA2 with green pad followed by SA1 with white pad. The roof, trunk, fender flares, and upper doors - basically any other surface that would reflect the sun directly got SA3 with orange followed by SA1 with white. The rest of the car got SA1 with white pad. The whole car was then DWG`d by PC and NXT 2.0`d by hand and sat for two days and DWG`d by hand and NXT 2.0`d by hand again just for fun.

Not great correction, but it is still better than 98% of the cars I see. Next time perhaps I will spend more time at it. Then again... if I upgrade to something quicker than a pc for the big flat panels, maybe it will be quicker AND better.

Regardless.... the DWG and NXT 2.0 combination looks great, imho, and is incredibly slick

my replacement hood has gelatin for a clear coat

hood - before

another hood before

after

trunk before

trunk after

roof before

roof after

driver side before

driver side after

after

Calvin

`05 Mustang GT

`09 Xterra

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks great if you don`t want to spend hours polishing.
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    That does look great.. but it looked pretty darn good `before`.

There is a minor amount of marring/swirls in the paint in the `after` -- But alot of people never , ever, correct those and their paint looks great.

the DWG + NXT combo is a good one I suspect.

If I have NXT 2.0 on right now, can I apply DWG with good results.. or do I need to strip the NXT off.. then apply DWG, then NXT 2.0?

If I need to strip,.. anything other than Dawn good for washing it with to strip quickly?

Not to be an ***.. but the camera must have been on a different setting or lighting different, because in the before pictures the car looks darker.. and the fence is darker.. then the after pictures the car is brighter (of course from polishing) but the fence is brighter.

In any event, the car looks absolutely fantastic. I`m interested in the effect the DWG had on it post polish? Could you tell a difference before applying the NXT 2.0?

I know when I finished my 7 hour polish on my vehicle Monday, the NXT 2.0 didn`t make it look any different. Where before, NXT 2.0 made an extreme difference. After I had finished my polish prep the car looked better than it ever had, and the sealant/wax , I suppose, didn`t have anything to `fill` -- Not real sure on this. Which is why I`m asking about the effects of DWG, because I`d like to add something to it , if it is possible to extract more shine.

What exact time did you spend polishing? -- Again, I have to say that red `Stang looks hot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neofate
    That does look great.. but it looked pretty darn good `before`.

There is a minor amount of marring/swirls in the paint in the `after` -- But alot of people never , ever, correct those and their paint looks great.

the DWG + NXT combo is a good one I suspect.

If I have NXT 2.0 on right now, can I apply DWG with good results.. or do I need to strip the NXT off.. then apply DWG, then NXT 2.0?

If I need to strip,.. anything other than Dawn good for washing it with to strip quickly?

Not to be an ***.. but the camera must have been on a different setting or lighting different, because in the before pictures the car looks darker.. and the fence is darker.. then the after pictures the car is brighter (of course from polishing) but the fence is brighter.

In any event, the car looks absolutely fantastic. I`m interested in the effect the DWG had on it post polish? Could you tell a difference before applying the NXT 2.0?

I know when I finished my 7 hour polish on my vehicle Monday, the NXT 2.0 didn`t make it look any different. Where before, NXT 2.0 made an extreme difference. After I had finished my polish prep the car looked better than it ever had, and the sealant/wax , I suppose, didn`t have anything to `fill` -- Not real sure on this. Which is why I`m asking about the effects of DWG, because I`d like to add something to it , if it is possible to extract more shine.

What exact time did you spend polishing? -- Again, I have to say that red `Stang looks hot.

Thanks. I think I put in at least 10 hours with the polisher over the course of three days. P.O.ed the entire neighborhood, I`m sure. The sun was much brighter in the after pictures. There was a bit of a high haze during the before pictures. Weather... what are you going to do?

I`m not sure how much the DWG affected the look because it was very cloudy and getting dark when I applied it. Could certainly feel a huge difference, though.

My understanding is that you can apply DGW any time. This is the first time I used it. I`d give it a try. Let us know how it works out if you do.
    Calvin

`05 Mustang GT

`09 Xterra

Post Thanks / Like
    I will do. Neighborhood PO`d because of the Buffer noise? Hah.. I was running my buffer at 1am in the morning with garage open. My family all slept like babies. Its loud but not a CHAINSAW

As for DWG and feel, I can`t imagine the car feeling any smoother -- but I am anxious to try it. So I think I will order.

Thanks.. and is that stang stock?

Post Thanks / Like
    How hard is the paint on Mustangs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neofate
    Thanks.. and is that stang stock?

mostly... I added a K&N cold air intake and 4.10 ring/pinion and different tires. I`d like to do more but I`m torn between dropping a wad of cash or waiting for a Challenger or Camaro.

Quote Originally Posted by bert31

It`s the only car I`ve polished so I don`t honestly know. However... due to a deer playing chicken one night, my insurance company graciously bought me a new hood, bumper, and some other assorted parts. Have you ever used a silicone California Water Blade? They`re really soft, right, and you don`t have to use any pressure. Well... it marred the hood. The rest of the car is a lot tougher. In fact I could have hit some areas a second time with SA3.
    Calvin

`05 Mustang GT

`09 Xterra

Post Thanks / Like
    great job ez creme leaves a very slick finish
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsensez9
    mostly... I added a K&N cold air intake and 4.10 ring/pinion and different tires. I`d like to do more but I`m torn between dropping a wad of cash or waiting for a Challenger or Camaro.

It`s the only car I`ve polished so I don`t honestly know. However... due to a deer playing chicken one night, my insurance company graciously bought me a new hood, bumper, and some other assorted parts. Have you ever used a silicone California Water Blade? They`re really soft, right, and you don`t have to use any pressure. Well... it marred the hood. The rest of the car is a lot tougher. In fact I could have hit some areas a second time with SA3.

Challenger without question!!! Can`t go wrong with the 375hp R/T or the 425hp SRT-8. Either way, it`s a beautiful car.

Post Thanks / Like
    DWG has the greatest smell.Just used it on my wife`s gray Corolla. Topped it off with Pinnacle Souveran.The metal flake was sparkly and looked 3 dimensional.As others have mentioned,DWg is easy to use. I have used Pinnacle,Wolfgang,Rejex also.I prefer the DWG,great product.

Car looks great.Thanks for sharing.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsensez9
    Have you ever used a silicone California Water Blade? They`re really soft, right, and you don`t have to use any pressure. Well... it marred the hood.

I`ve had problems with the CWB and will never use it on paint again. If it`s not perfectly clean, watch out. I only use it for windows and mirrors now.

Looks like you did a pretty good job! I would like to see some shots with a real camera to see how she really looks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bert31
    It`s Medium, SIP and a light cutting pad can finish down LSP ready.
    "Life is not measured by the breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breathes away" :punk:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselMDX
    great job ez creme leaves a very slick finish
    Hey Diezel, just for the record, EZ Creme is different to DWG.

I thought I`d get in before Bob does! :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    i know he will :-)
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Thread Information